Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2015 RAV4 ROOF RAIL COVERS REMOVAL

JONAH1947

On a 2015 RAV4. How do you remove the Black plastic covers on the roof in order to install roof rails. There are arrows on them and I have tried pushing and pulling in direction of arrows with no success. Do they need to be prised up and out in the direction of the arrows? I do not want to damage them by using too much force. HELP.

I have now sorted this myself.

Was the removal anything like what they show in this video for the Toyota Highlander?

Hi Tom, I was referring to the 4 black plastic covers over the mounting points in the roof. They are easily removed by inserting a plastic trim removal too under the end with 2 arrows & prising it up then twisting in the direction of the 1 arrow to remove.

I'm trying to visualise what you mean Peter. Did your RAV4 come without any roof rails fitted? Are you talking about flush fitting plastic covers that go over the fixing points where you would fit the roof rails? Fitting cross bars (if not done at the same time as the rails were fitted) would presumably need the plastic covers removed as per that video i posted.

Hi Tom, You are correct my RAV4 came without roof rails and yes I was talking about the flush fitting plastic covers that go over the fixing points where you would fit the roof rails.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links