Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 OIL CONSUMPTION

experiax10

Had my car fully serviced back in September with just over 43,000 on the clock. I've now done 47,000 which is just over 4000 miles in say 8 months.  Not a lot of mileage but this week the oil light on the dashboard has come on once or twice then gone straight back off. Anyway, I decided to check the oil level and it is pretty low, minimum really. Anyone know if this is normal on this model yaris? No signs of any leaks or smells coming from the front at all. Totally confused by it at the minute.

Top it up immediately with the correct grade of oil. That oil light means there is no oil pressure and engine damage is being done. As long as you don't start the engine before you top up the oil, you may get away with it, but probably not.

If you haven't damaged the engine, then it's time to start investigating where the oil went.

Thanks for the reply mate. Topped the oil up now and the car seems fine. No sign of the light coming back on either since. Been doing a bit of research and apparently the 1.8 is well known for using quite a bit of oil.