Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Japanese imports

wass

Apart from the rather obvious possibility of the sat nav system needing reprogramming, are there any issues with 2nd hand prius models imported from Japan? There used to be issues with differing levels of anti-corrosion protection on imported cars some decades ago. I was wondering just how the Japanese market prius would differ and how easy it would be to "convert" the computer to understand english words for hands free operation and comment on sat nav directions in english.

2 hours ago, wass said:

how easy it would be to "convert" the computer to understand english words for hands free operation

Toyota don't seem to be able to do it on the official UK vehicles so personally converting an import must be very difficult :laugh:

Which generation of Prius are you thinking about?

There is a current rash of 2 to 4 year old imports. I was wondering about those.

I suspect that Toyota don't seem able to means Toyota don't want to appear to be able to lest they might rob themselves of sales. When all is said and done, they did manage to the design and manufacture the cars and so upgrading or altering them with Toyota produced factory standard equipment should be easily within grasp. Or so one would have thought!

From the sounds of things it isn't wise to touch japanese imports which cant show european road maps, understand or speak english unless one just isn't bothered about some of the whistles and bells not working

On 6/26/2016 at 9:10 PM, ColinBarber said:

Toyota don't seem to be able to do it on the official UK vehicles so personally converting an import must be very difficult :laugh:

Which generation of Prius are you thinking about?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links