Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avenis 2.0 Valvematic LPG Conversion?

nazzy125

Hello,

Has anyone on here had there Toyota Avensis 2.0 V-Matic LPG converted? I just want to find out if it is possible? and if it caused any problems by doing so?

I've seen a video of a 1.8 V Matic that has been converted, would it be the same for the 2.0?

The only difference between the 1.8 and 2.0 Valvematic is the longer stroke of the latter. The fueling will be slightly different.

What about the Rav4 which also uses the 2.0l Valvematic engine.

I did a general search and found this expired eBay add : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LPG-gas-conversion-kit-TOYOTA-RAV4-2-0-3ZR-FAE-autogas-sequential-fuel-system-/380607465265

Ask on the Rav4 forum.

Are the 2.0 V Matic - Direct Injection 4 Cylinder engines do you know?

No, Valvematic is not direct injection. It seems more close related the the VVTi (ZZ) series. The following is from a 

http://toyota-club.net/files/faq/12-11-01_faq_zr-engine_eng.htm

http://toyota-club.net/files/faq/04-11-20_faq_az_eng.htm

If you scroll down on the AZ page you will see diagram of the D4 direct injection version.

Are you sure its not Direct Injection?, ive just spoken to my local toyota who confirms it is a 4 Cylinder Direct Injection engine.

I am very sure and the diagrams are correct. The injectors are mounted in head but, outside the combustion chamber near the inlet valves. That means the injected fuel has to pass through the inlet valve with the air, when the valves are open. So it looks like the injectors are direct, because of their location.

If you look the diagrams of the attachments, all ZR engines are the same bore, but the stroke alters the capacity. Notice the location of the injector nozzle - behind the inlet valves.

Now look at diagram 1AZ-FSE (2.0 D4), the injector nozzle is next to the inlet valves in the cylinder head. The nozzle ends inside combustion chanber!

I have provided the proof, and others will confirm it is correct. No disrespect to the person you spoke to at the Toyota dealer, but speak to someone else who will give you the proper answer.

If the 2.0l 3ZR-FAE is direct injection, then my 1.8l 2ZR-FAE would also be direct injection, which it is not!

Oh yes, don't confuse DIS-4 which the direct ignition system, which has individual coils for each spark plugs. Both engines use the same system.

Im sorry im not very technical minded so i dont understand the diagrams very well. I really appreciate your answers i have come across online a 1.8 V-Matic that has been converted to run on LPG, whether its through direct injection or not im not sure. I spoke with 2 different Toyota branches who said it was a Direct Injection, so im really confused now. :| only reason i ask is because i would be planning on using this car as a taxi and maybe the 2.0 Petrol with an Auto box isnt very fuel efficient..

See the video link below please.

Nazim. Can I add, I found a post that partially explains why D4 engine was dropped so the Valvematic only came as indirect engine -

There is no space due to the smaller bore. Also carbon build up is a known issue with petrol (gasoline) engines. Also the cost factor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links