Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For A Tight Get Like Me

Moffmo

I wanted to know the differences between normal shocks and TTE shocks (and springs)

As i have been offered an offer i cant refuse, Just wondered if a lad like me on such a tight budget if its worth getting the TTE stuff as i cant afford Konis and Gmax stuff etc ect

Opnions!?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Matt

Gotta go ENGGGGEEERRRLLLLAAANNNNDD are on!

buy em if they are at a good price yes!

While im here, is there anyone who CAN and WILL fit them for me for less than 50 quid :D :D

Has the 1.3 SR (2000) got TTE shocks and springs?

Yes, As a matter of fact i might be getting them off a SR..

Cheers!

matt

why have you driven one?

Yeh, I've got an SR. I haven't driven another Yaris (apart from a standard 1.0 test drive with a very nervous Toyota Sales rep sitting beside me so that doesn't count!), but, I'm not all that impressed with the SR handling to be honest.

My last (and only) 2 cars were both Clio RSi's which were incredibly good for handling, and compared to them, the Yaris feels like it wants to topple over going round corners at speed.

It might just be me being paranoid, cos I'm used to sitting lower down, but I don't want to push it to find out!!

Has anyone else found this with the TTE springs and shocks? Anyone upgraded?

The standard springs are supposed to be worse, and thats why im upgrading becuase my handling scares me, i thought TTE springs and shocks would be a good budget upgrade (I think they are supposed to be lower and better than Tsport Springs!)

Yeh, I've got an SR. I haven't driven another Yaris (apart from a standard 1.0 test drive with a very nervous Toyota Sales rep sitting beside me so that doesn't count!), but, I'm not all that impressed with the SR handling to be honest.

My last (and only) 2 cars were both Clio RSi's which were incredibly good for handling, and compared to them, the Yaris feels like it wants to topple over going round corners at speed.

It might just be me being paranoid, cos I'm used to sitting lower down, but I don't want to push it to find out!!

Hi Kenno

Since my wife and i have both up graded both t sport with TTE springs the car is a lot tighter through the bends and not forgetting it sits lower to the ground by an extra 30mm. Also combined with the new falken 512 tyres 195/50/15 the grip and cornering ability is awesome.

My advise is to get the TTE lowering springs and say good bye to the cars wallowing :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Thank god for some advice! Jerry i love ya! :D. So youd defiannly recommend it. Did you get the shocks as well?

Cheers

Matt

you see that clio 182 on TG tonight

haha, now that was crap handling

you see that clio 182 on TG tonight

haha, now that was crap handling

ooooh tell me bout it!

i would not even dare drive that car fast on the road! what a death trap!

:!Removed!:

It looked pretty hot to me, the tricycle thing looks scary, but it was a great lap-time and didn't look evil on/off the throttle either

AND...

My 1.3 SR had TTE springs and standard shocks. They're not that good.

The TTE springs that are available for the 1.5 Tpot are different to the TTE springs fitted by Toyota UK to the 1.3s they made into SRs...

Mine were pap, especially compared to the Konis and then HKS

check out fensport and have a look at the KYB shocks. they are a bit cheaper

your not gonna mod a yaris on pitance you know!

Can I get the SR TTE ones adjusted or something, or would I have to go for new stuff?

I didn't like the look of that Clio. Mine was the older shape and it seemed to be stuck to the road, but it died though and Renault were useless so I'd never get another one anyway.

I got the 2002 SR and not too sure i have the TTE springs, though i do find the front a fair bit lower and the ride a lot harder than that of a 1.0. Although the back still looks quite high much like a normal Yaris.

Any idea's if they do something stupid like fit TTE springs on the front and not on the back for my SR??

And oh .. i still want better handling .. though its already better than my friends D4D .. so was wanting to ask about the TTE lowering springs myself. :unsure:

Yeah defo .. cos i've been in both a 1.0 and a D4D and it was alot softer and more forgiving over the pot holes than my SR. Although i'm not entirely sure i have TTE springs though ... but i'm fairly sure it will make a difference if u get them!

the TTE springs fitted to the SRs are a half-way house between handling and ride quality