Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Centre Console Fans

Mallion

Hi Folks.. anyone had a similar issue before ? The 2 fans in the centre console aren't blowing out any air. The side fans are fine its just the 2 in the middle. Its a T27 tourer.

Any ideas ???

I imagine that it's all 1 fan so it's most likely that something that moves to change the direction of airflow internally has failed. Hopefully you have tried cycling the air distribution control.

I had something similar on a Vauxhall Carlton, the garage told me that the part was very cheap but that the whole dashboard had to come out to replace it  so labour charges were very high so I never got it fixed. Hopefully less of a hassle on a T27.

1 hour ago, Heidfirst said:

I imagine that it's all 1 fan so it's most likely that something that moves to change the direction of airflow internally has failed. Hopefully you have tried cycling the air distribution control.

I had something similar on a Vauxhall Carlton, the garage told me that the part was very cheap but that the whole dashboard had to come out to replace it  so labour charges were very high so I never got it fixed. Hopefully less of a hassle on a T27.

Yeah I cycled all settings.  Works on every setting it's just no air comes out of the 2 middle fans. What would the part be called? Is it a motor of some kind? 

there is probably a flap & a servo/motor. could be either so you will need to investigate. Someone like Devon Aygo may know what is more likely (although I don't think that it is a common issue).

Thanks for all your input. I had another go at fixing it. So I kept cycling all the settings and turning speed up and down and presto! Out popped a small plastic  disc from out of the vent. Looks like a piece of a car freshener from the previous owner(one of the ones you attach to the vent) . Must have jammed the actuator into position.

Odd one! 

• Like 2

good that you are sorted :smile:

& thanks for telling us the cause/solution :smile:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links