Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supercharger Conversation?

thom1983

Just a what if question, but I was wondering if it would be possible to fit a TTE supercharger kit to my 1.8 T25? I'm probably going to upgrade to a t27 but would like to keep the old girl and possibly make her into a bit of a sleeper traffic light hero!

Is the VVTI unit similar to the VVTL lump from the T-sport Celica?

Any input welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably be cheaper to buy a fast car or an engine from a fast car.

No the 1ZZ 140bhp 1.8VVTi is quite different to the 2ZZ 190bhp 1.8VVTLi

TTE didn't offer a supercharger for the 1ZZ but did along with Lotus offer a kit for the 2ZZ

TRD ( US version of TTE ) did of fer a supercharger kit for the 1ZZ

If you go for a T27 with the 2ZR 1.8 Valvematic engine, Lotus use it with a Supercharger on the Elise & Exige and sell it as an accessory kit.

Hmmm Old Blokes view

A power upgrade is the first part of the equation people tend to be drawn to.

In the 60's and 70's I was taught to look at suspension and brakes first, if you can brake later and turn in better then the guy with more power will struggle to keep up. That's why 1075 and 1275cc mini's were able to whip the Falcon's Jag's etc in the Touring car races of the 60's (actually at a lot of tracks in the mini we didn't brake at all just threw it sideways at the corner and kept your foot down) The principle though was Road holding overcame additional power and weight of the big cars.

So remember if you want a car that accelerates faster it will need to stop faster too due to you arriving a lot sooner and at higher speed at the next corner/set of lights. So my Old Blokes tuning tip is Brakes, steering/suspension, wheels/tyres then Engine and Drive train

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greydog said:

Hmmm Old Blokes view

A power upgrade is the first part of the equation people tend to be drawn to.

In the 60's and 70's I was taught to look at suspension and brakes first, if you can brake later and turn in better then the guy with more power will struggle to keep up. That's why 1075 and 1275cc mini's were able to whip the Falcon's Jag's etc in the Touring car races of the 60's (actually at a lot of tracks in the mini we didn't brake at all just threw it sideways at the corner and kept your foot down) The principle though was Road holding overcame additional power and weight of the big cars.

So remember if you want a car that accelerates faster it will need to stop faster too due to you arriving a lot sooner and at higher speed at the next corner/set of lights. So my Old Blokes tuning tip is Brakes, steering/suspension, wheels/tyres then Engine and Drive train

Yeah but to generation Top Gear (which, alas, is my generation) it's all about POWARRRRRRR.

• Like 1

If I wanted to do a mod and had the money, it would be a Hybrid Avensis Tourer! Yes the Auris Touring Sport is closes thing, but just to prove that it can be done!

Regarding supercharging, I did a quick search and found the following: http://www.se7enmotorsports.co.uk/supercharger-kits.html

The Avensis I brought is still going great and being driven most days by family and friends, but I think I will stick with my 4.6is X5 it has just about enough power to keep a smile on my face. Just remember when you pump up the power the fuel gauge suddenly has a mind of it's own!!

Maybe Hybrid is the way

Thanks guys...would be an interesting project but I think I'll save my cash and buy a corolla compressor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links