Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Understanding Yaris Hybrid VIN

RaeB

I have a 2014 Yaris Hybrid (Reg No: GX64???). The VIN number is VNKKD3D370A12????. 3rd party VIN databases return a “year of manufacture” of 2007 (in conflict with the reg no and body style which would suggest 2014). Anybody know how to access an "official" database or maybe which digit of the VIN represents the year of manufacture and how I interpret that (or can provide an explanation for the apparent discrepancy). Best Regards. Rae

Frostyballs - thanks I had already read that which has some good general information and it suggests that the year of manufacture can be found within the VIN code. However I cannot find which digit or number of digits within the VIN identifies year of manufacturer. Internet searches give a range of answers!! - hence going to the best forum I've found - ie here!!. Regards to all

You wont decode the build date yourself, PM me the full reg I will tell you the build date

Kingo thanks and separate PM sent.

Best regards

Rae