Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

VSC + TRC + ENGINE FAULT

Callmeandy

Hello again!

I\ve had my previous topic here 

Basicly problems ive had

1. TRC + VSC + engine fault are on ( switches on even if you take them off, after like 10miles of driving on motorway - never in city )

2. Car was smoking white smoke so noone was standing even close

Ended up going to DIagnostic about it which sayd - Symptoms of blown head gasket, also may be Fuel injectors , And have extreme pressure in cooling system.

Went to service to do Head gasket, they made diagnostic before job again ( different service ) and sayd 5th Fuel injector was failing , so they replaced it by buying B/u one which lead my bill to 180quid ( some small jobs also been done with electronics )

So what ive got now.

TRC + VSC + engine fault still comes on , NO SMOKE , But car overheats now on 82+ miles that i didnt had before job was done. So im kind a worried since ive done already like 700 quid on repairs during like last 3 months, Done dpf removal + programming also on it.

Any ideas what should i do !? do not want to do Head gasket if it may not be the reason for those lights.

p.s TRC + VSC sometimes turns on at motorway, after driving another 5mins, i pull over ( reaching destination ) switch car off, and no lights comes on , drive like 10mins on motorway, they may come on, may come on with engine fault light.

which engine Andy? T180/2.2 D-CAT? Only 1 that I can think of from 2006 that would be likely to have a DPF (DPNR). But if you have had the DPF removed have you had it emulated otherwise from what I understand the system will throw errors.

since before DPF removal i had LIMP mode already, i assume that it was reprogrammed. as far as i know removing DPF without programming wont work.

still haven't confirmed what engine ... :rolleyes:

& up until very recently you could not reprogramme the Denso ECU.

2.2 Dcat. Well now im unsure about it tbh, cuz it was bit cheaper than elsewhere, but same time its friends friend working at that service. but owner sayd he did programming.

when the warning lights come on what code is stored in the engine ECU?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links