Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello There...

kenc

Welcome to the club, Toyota CDX 1.3 all the way mate ;)

But if you can afford the extra insurance go for a T-Sport probably 2nd hand you will get a good deal.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kenc

• Moffmo

• Yaris-Nut

• wlsmith

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there :lol: , thought I'd join here cos I'm hoping to get a yaris as my first car. B)

Good stuff mate and welcome to the nut house....

The Yaris is my 1st car too had it for 2 months it's a great little motor and the very best place to start :)

Hope you get your wheels soon. I had to pass my test before getting it but always wanted a Yaris as my first car :)

n :eek: b

Hi and welcome!

The Yaris is my first car also and i'm just about 2 get serious with the mods! Just done a few as yet!

U will love the Yaris, if u get a 1 litre u'll destroy all 1.2's bar a Punto Sporting and if u get a 1.3 u'll beat most 1.4's i'd imagine! Aso is very reliable and is very cheap 2 run!

Cheers

Hello Welcome

Once you go Jap you Never go Back :thumbsup:

Niz

heh, my thoughts exactly.

I only like Jap cars :ph34r:

I'm 24 now, but only passed my car test last year. Also I had a ban in 2001 for 102mph on the motorway... I'm paying £1100 fully comp for my group 5 1.3SR... I hope that's gonna drop a fair whack this year!

hi ken, i joined TOC when i was 16 too and i have a 1.0l yaris as my first car ideally get a 1.3SR because its sporty as standard: spoiler wheels remus exhaust, lowered springs,

gosh its a while since i joined now

welcome an go gold soon it pays you get discounts on loadsa stuff pay £15 gold membership and get say 15% off servicing on your car so if thats over £100 service uve already got ur cash back an more so think of it as an investment!

hi ken, i joined TOC when i was 16 too and i have a 1.0l yaris as my first car ideally get a 1.3SR because its sporty as standard: spoiler wheels remus exhaust, lowered springs,

gosh its a while since i joined now

welcome an go gold soon it pays you get discounts on loadsa stuff pay £15 gold membership and get say 15% off servicing on your car so if thats over £100 service uve already got ur cash back an more so think of it as an investment!

you mean 25 quid?

hey, welcome

i have a 1.3 SR and the are quite nippy!how much were u thinking of spending on ur car, as i will probably be selling mine in september, and either getting a yts or if i can get a decent premium a honda ATR ( :unsure: )

my insurance was £1300 fully comp at 17 with norwich union and i think the pas pluss saved me about £500

but if i was u i would do a quote without pass plus first and see how much i saves u first,and see if its worth it!

CB

Ahh, is there much difference between the insurance for a 1.0 and a 1.3?

All this insurance stuff I think my mum will sort it out cos she seems to know her stuff, I was talking to her on the phone the other day whilst she's in Hong Kong and she asked if I got my provisional and what car I would like to drive.

I said the Yaris so HOPEFULLY with enough convincing words I can get her to get me one once I pass :rolleyes: :D

I've got a 1.0L T3 as my second car, but wish I had it as my first now!

I used to have a 1.1 96 Ford Fiesta which cost £735 for the year on TPFT but I pay it monthly..added on the Yaris halfway through the policy and upgraded to Comp and it cost an extra £160, which I just split and added it onto my monthly payments! Not bad eh! I'm 19, passed last August and did Pass Plus as well.

i had the 1ltr for my first car, now upgraded to the t sport, the 1ltr compared to other cars within the same class is still very nippy, lovely car good choice mate :thumbsup:

How come SR is group 5 and 1.3 normal is group 3?

Cheers

Matt

The SR is group 5 cos its the sportier version (pre-face lift), so it has the TTE spoiler, nice 15" alloys, exhaust etc, where as the post-face lift ones dont quite have the same package so they're group 3/4 now.

Anyway .. welcome to the club Kenc!

I personally have a 1.3 SR and insured it 2 years ago after just passing when i was 21. It cost me about £860 fully comp with Direct Line, but thats with the SR at group 5 though. So if you get a new 1.3 Yaris being at group 3/4 then it should be cheaper than the SR itself.

Obviously the best thing to do is get a few quotes .. cos thats the best way!

Which ever version of the Yaris you choose .. you'd definatley be happy cos its a wicked car! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah! .. and if you're in HK you'd be able to pick up some really nice mods and stuff for the Yaris man!

Stuff straight from Japan! :drool:

As i always insist ... if its not Jap its not going into my Yaris! Cos its always gonna be a killer combo! :yes:

Have fun! :D

Oh yeah! .. and if you're in HK you'd be able to pick up some really nice mods and stuff for the Yaris man!

Stuff straight from Japan! :drool:

As i always insist ... if its not Jap its not going into my Yaris! Cos its always gonna be a killer combo! :yes:

Have fun! :D

haha yeah.....

Well going HK at the end of this month and might be heading to Japan as well :drool::drool:

But if I'm to get anything....need to really convince my mum to get me the Yaris, hahaha and save the stuff for it B) :ph34r:

Japan too!? :drool:

Sounds like a nice plan there!

Hopefully i'll be heading off to HK too in a couple of months time .. just need to wait for the prices of flights to come down .. (summer fares ... damn it! :arrgg-matey: ) .. and when i'm there, i'll be shopping like mad! :lol:

Japan too!? :drool:

Sounds like a nice plan there!

Hopefully i'll be heading off to HK too in a couple of months time .. just need to wait for the prices of flights to come down .. (summer fares ... damn it! :arrgg-matey: ) .. and when i'm there, i'll be shopping like mad! :lol:

do I see a fellow oriental yaris owner? :lol:

Yeah, prices are really high in the Summer :\

do I see a fellow oriental yaris owner?

Yeah, you sure do! :thumbsup:

ohh yaris nut - can you bring some stuff back?

I may be able to .. but i'm not planning on going till around late Sept early Oct time, so i dunno yet will have to see.