Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Friendly hello fellas!

BatryOperatedBoy

Howdy folks! My name is Bob and I'm front Central California. I've been eyeballing the IQ for some time now, and I'm finally in a situation in which I can get one (long story, bottom line; keep your credit in line!) Anywho, I am in love with this car, but I do have a few concerns...

Firstly, seeing as this car is discontinued, is there any logic in me still getting one? The newest I can get is a 2015 here in the states, and even though it's not old per-se, I'm still worried, primarily, Toyota Techs seem to not be trained, but I know that most parts should have good availability (Thanks to Toyota "Lego Style" assembly, all parts are sorta... multi-use.) Yet, I am worried.

Secondly, my first all time favorite vehicle, the Toyota Pickup (have a 92, 93 and 94) still has a strong online community. Now, I became a member of IQ-Forums.com and, sadly, it seems kind of dead, or spammed. =( I really would love a car with a community of people I can banter with, it seems to be the best part of some vehicles!

Last point... Has the CVT been unOfficially ruled to be problematic? That's pretty much my only stopping point, barring some crazy good point made by whomever on here, basically citing it to be defunct and obsolete. It's the single most common issue I've found. I just don't want a Yaris, iA, or Corolla... =(

Thanks for any and all input!!!

Bob. 

Hi, and welcome.

My 2010 model CVT IQ has now done 43,000 miles and is still going strong.  With the warranty now history, it was recently serviced my local mechanic, no problems whatso ever.  As you say, it's a Toyota..................!

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum. 

Have a search for Taz on here, he hasn't posted for a good while but he has a super ricked out iQ and if memory serves me correct he come from South California.

Here's Taz's main thread (15 pages of good stuff showing development from stock Scion to fully customised; lots of pics 😉)

Taz's Scion iQ

I can hardly believe it's now 2 years since his last post. 

Hope it gives you some inspiration !!

Dave

Dang guys you sure know how to keep a fella waiting huh? Haha I can appreciate the time it takes to surely get what I want, so I thank you all for your replies! And trust me, I've read up on Taz's IQ up and down, inside and out. Along with several others on here and IQ-Forums.. Seriously, truly inspirational work he's sorta top dog IMO on IQ-Forums. I also enjoy reading about Tarquins accomplishments on here, he's built himself up to be quite the guru (Airbagged too, but I'm apprehensive to bring him up).

I ultimately did some research guys, Like I said... Logically I say IA or Yaris, but damn, the IQ just screams at me. I've decided on it after my research about the engine family, as well as the different iterations of the k411b ??? transmission. Apparently the North American market has the revised version of this transmission, which has heritage all the way back to I think to like 08 or so... So it's no scary thing to love this car for me anymore! I just really wanted you guys to tell me there are no immediate concerns... I really want to do my part to make this car into a niche fan-favorite! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links