Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radiator for 22R

freckles1979

I recently ordered new radiators for my 1979 Toyoto Hilux Pickup with a 22R engine. After taking the old radiator out, comparing with my new radiator, i noticed that there are 2 little outlets at the bottom of the new one. The new radiator is a Spectra as reccomended by Auto Parts Warehouse. See attached picture for clarity to the question. 

Am wondering what should i do? Did i order the wrong radiator? Should I just leave the plastic caps on and just go with it? 

Thanks 

radiator questions1.jpg

It looks like they've sent you a radiator for a vehicle with automatic transmission with those connections for the auto transmission fluid cooler. It also looks like the fitting for the botttom hose is different. It wouldn't do any harm to fit the radiator if it fits dimensionally, leave the two little connectors blanked off to keep dirt but it's a separate cooler circuit.    

• Like 1

Thanks TomdeGuerre. 

Blanked off means, just leave the plastic caps on? 

Yes, they're only going to be acting as dust caps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links