Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cancellation fees

Gregster30

I have left my insurance company early as acquired a land cruiser and didn't like their quotes.  They are now saying I have to pay £75 charges plus charges for the period that I have used their services.  Ok so I can understand the cancellation charge but charges for their services? Isn't that what I pay insurance for.  Due to my occupation I know my rights so plan to challenge this as I b live my statutory rights have been violated.  My insurance company is budget insurance, has anyone else suffered this.

As it is I have just found an article by the fca stating this company have actually violated their Tcs and cs by misleading customers about the cancellation process so might not be charged. But for those out there in my position be prepared to challenge this

I am with go skippy. I bought an auris a few months into my insurance year and i wanted to cancel my insurance because i thought it was bit pricey compared to other companies. They wanted to charge £50 plus they would return unused inusrance premium cost to me. I expected that they would round up to the nearest month but they assured me that I would get back the cost for all days after cancellation day . Am i making sense? Sorry I had a really odd day. Are you sure that the aditional 75 pounds they want to charge you  isn't for the days you were insured on your old car.

An extract from Which? re motor insurance:

Cancellation and ‘cooling-off’ cancellation fees
If you decide you no longer want your policy, even within the 14-day cooling-off period, your insurer may charge you a fee. Under the law the fee has to be ‘reasonable’ but can still vary greatly from provider to provider.

• Like 1

Ironically I read the terms about the cancellation fees and they were right....I am in the financial business so know my rights.  As it is I googled my company last night and it appears they had breached their terms. I rad an article on the fca website that stated they're terms were unclear regarding cancellations and have therefore had to review them. I shall be contacting them tomorrow and following they're complaints process!!!!!