Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

how to park verso properly

jasonyu

I found a bit inconvenience to park the verso. It has engine auto-stop function, when I park, usually follow below

Clutch --  Foot Brake --  Gear Empty  -- Handbrake  -- Key off

the problem is when foot brake applied,  as soon as I relief the clutch , the auto-stop function active, the engine stopped, as soon as I applied hand brake the engine re-start again then I switch all off.  So I  have to apply both clutch and foot brake together every time , then switch engine off , then apply hand brake. otherwise when parking, the engine goes off then on again, then key off again, quite annoy. 

So anyone has better idea to park the verso properly without re-starting the engine? Many thanks

Isn't there an ON / OFF switch for the Auto Stop? I know there is on other cars. Otherwise keep your foot on the clutch pedal a little bit, the engine won't stop then.

Issue also discussed here; 

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/131409-auris-133-start-stop-problem/

• Like 1

Yes it has, so need to switch off every time when parking then, seems a good idea thanks

The stop start won't function all the time the clutch is pressed so all I do in my iQ is pull to a stop with the clutch down using the foot brake. Apply the handbrake, select neutral and release the clutch. 

This activates the stop start stopping the engine then I simply press the button to turn the car off. 

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links