Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2.0 diesel sudden power loss

Big Moe

Hi guys i have a Toyota Corolla 2.0 d4d 2004 at 165,000 miles i recently purchased it and was not worried by the milage as my dad owns a avensis 2.0 d4d at 350,000 miles. 

Recently while driving to and from work my car will accelerate with no issues to 110mph comfortably. But on a few occasions the car will seem fine climbing to 80mph but after that the car wont increase its speed. it will stay at 80mph even if my foot is fully pressing the gas pedal down. In order to regain power i have to let go of the gas pedal bringing it back up to its resting position and slowly depress it again back again then the car shoots back up to 110mph. While this happens the car feels like it is surging or it wants to go fast but something is holding it back. This happens randomly but more frequently. 

I have heard different diagnosis of the problem but if anyone has had a similar issue any help would be much apreciated. 

A few of us have had the same with the rav4 s I hope I have fix mine ,what I did was get an air line. And blow out the intake air pressure sensor and the vsv switching valve then spray GT85 £1.99 from aldi  in the holes and leave over night ,try that its worked for 2of us now or it could be .turbo booster ,

Thanks,

Much appreciated fingers crossed it works for me too. would you also recommend cleaning out the EGR valve as i don't know when this was done last. Will be free on Thursday to give it a try. Also which holes need GT85 spraying in them? 

Thanks again ffej

I would do one thing at a time then if its ok .you will know what part you may have to replace .as sometimes these things come back ,you can clean all other parts as you go along.  spray in the holes where the little air pipe connect I used my compressor to blow air in   .its only 2x 10m bolts to remove the air intake pressure valve off you could do it wed night leave it over night then try it .you are lucky to get to 80 before it cut out .ours was at 50 and no pull up hills Have a look on rav4 go to lack of power started in may I have up loaded pdf of the parts but if you need me to put them on here give us a message   ok  jeff  ps have you cleaned the M A F meter sensor? on top of air filter if you do take the egr off u should put a new casket on    jeff

Hi jeff. Thank you very much. As you said i will start off with the intake pressure valve. And then slowly do the rest. Since i have purchased the car a month ago except for a good service and fresh tyres i have not done anything to it. And except for a stamped booklet the car has no other service history record. Ps think the last owners ran the car on s*** super market fuel. Which is known to cause problems in the long run. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys sorry for the late response but as soon as i clean out the intake pressure valve i shall let you know. Also Yesterday while driving back the engine management light came on. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links