Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ant182's Toyota Sprint Series car

Ant182

Hello to all you Yaris drivers.

Over the winter of late 2015 and 2016 I went out and bought myself a MK1 Yaris Sr to use in the Toyota Sprint Series 2016.

I had been using my E12 Corolla 04 1.6vvti  in the series and getting some good results/podiums over the last few years. The series then opened a new group called E and a lot of the guys in this group where going to move down into this new one.

The new season got under way in April 2016 and I was already to go. So as it stands at the moment, I have managed to take the first 3 wins of the year in my group.

I have attached a pic of the car in action.

T2.jpg

Here are both my cars all lined up, one for work and one for racing.

12985489_10208878723746850_8212430891970926148_n.jpg

Well for the Yaris, I removed the aircon system from the engine bay and weighed in at 6.6kg.

This was the Aircon pipes/pullys/belts/compressor.

I still need to take the aircon radiator out tho which will be abit more weight gone to.

Well here is a couple more pics of the car in action at Blyton Park.

untitled.png

untitled2.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had an interview last week for my local paper and they are doing an article on me and the series this week.

Well the article finally went in the paper😀🚘

image.jpeg

• Like 1

More new parts hopefully arriving today, new wheels and tyres which will reduce the corner weights and help the speed I can get off the start, also a new light weight steering wheel as well.

• 2 weeks later...

New parts arrived and are now on the car will put some pictures up as soon as I can but new wheels and tyres went on ok and the steering wheel is on too.

Car feels a lot better already but will be going back into the workshop to have the suspension checked and setup for the new wheels.

Given the car a good polish today and quick pic of the interior. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

It's not all stripped out at the front due to the rules of the class I am in just in case anyone was wondering.

Mr Autoglym comes through again, almost ready for Croft on the 18th September for the next round of TSS.

yaris 1.jpg

wow that looks absolutely fantastic, and really good fun to do!

• Like 1

The cars back at Track Torque Racing having the suspension checked over and adjusted before the next sprint at Croft. 

Is it far from stock, or do you tune it, etc..?

As its the French built Yaris everything has to be custom made apart from the coilovers and the air filter (panel) and the only thing left standard is the gearbox at the moment. 

Ant,

how often and where do you train? And did you start drive racing on your own or did you have a like a coach or something?

Really good stuff, didn't even know about this (racing stock cars). Keep us updated, I've bookmarked your thread ;)

I do it all by myself I started in 2012. My best mate found out about TSS first told me and off we went. I do it all around my day job so train when I can and practice when I can. Both my cars are still taxed and mot'd and as we can't afford trailers w drive to the sprints and drive back. Years before I had some driver raining with the Clio scholarship but it's just experience really. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Well I was a bit nervous going into this round at Croft as I had changed my cars setup a little and it had been a year since I had competed at Croft. It was a very warm & sunny day and the track temperature was rising all the time. After I was able to get myself into a good rhythm after my practice runs I was able to post my winning time of 1:54.69 on my second run. That was enough to get me the E-Street Class win.
The final round will be at Snetterton on the 15th October where I hope to clinch the Toyota Sprint Series E-Street Championship.

Croft.png

CROFT1.png

CROFT2.png

CROFT3.png

Well after a great weekend at Croft my efforts have again got me into the local paper. 

image.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

As the final round of the Toyota Sprint Series approaches on the 15th October I am still leading my group in E-Street and I will hopefully clinch the group title this year.

I am excited and nervous at the same time as I have never raced at Snetterton before, so I need to learn the track quickly to get up to speed on times.

We have a couple of issues with the car that I need to get sorted before the weekend but I am confident that it will get done.

It has been a great season with the new car and I am already looking forward to 2017 and making some more good steps forward.

I was nervous going into the last round of the Sprint Series as I had never raced at Snetterton before. The morning didn't start very well as I span off the track on my practice run ending up on the infield. 

I managed to gather myself together before the first timed runs started and from there was able to start with my first time of 2:03:73 and reduced it all day to a final time of 1:58:03. I'm so very pleased to win the 2016 Toyota Sprint Series group E-Street Championship 2016. 
I would also like to thank some of my supporters this year who have helped me get this new car ready for the season, Track Torque Motorsport, Mechanic Alan Bolco, Matthew Tyson and girlfriend Lucy for all her help too this year and Lumipix Clothing. 
Role on 2017.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well done on the win Ant. I think a lot of people (myself anyway!) are quite impressed with what you've done and are probably tempted to give this a try. I know I am.

Thanks Mick, there's not enough words I can use to encourage people to come along to either have a watch first then have ago. Your car can run in its standard form or in modified form. We can't drive fast on the roads without getting a ticket and you learn so much about yourself and your car and these old Toyota can take the abuse. My Corolla can still take it and the Yaris can do it as well. Come on guys give it ago or come along and see what it's all about you can get in for free to watch. Everyone is so friendly too. 

Also been asked to do some promo work for my local Toyota dealer tomorrow while both the Corolla and Yaris are in for the airbag recalls👍

Niiice :thumbsup:

Any other TOC'ers there? PaulT and janey used to pop in here now and then...

58 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Niiice :thumbsup:

Any other TOC'ers there? PaulT and janey used to pop in here now and then...

Cheers, and not that I could tell.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links