Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding Aux-In/USB to the standard stereo

Cookeh

Hello all,

Spotted this beautiful post over in the Avensis forum - clicky, and I was wondering if this was also compatible with the E12 Corolla? I'd really like an aux-in (or even a USB in), but dont especially want to spend the money on a double-din headunit (would hate the look of a single din + empty cubby hole) yet.

If you need model specifics its a MY06 3dr 1.4 Corolla Colour Collection.

Thanks in advance!

Cookeh

There is a connector you can buy, plugs into the back of the head unit, just forgot the name, got one myself, will check packaging tomorrow and let you know the name.

AUX interface from www.connects2.com

Part number:-CTVTYX001

Fitted to my 2002 T-sport.

Cost me £40

• Like 1

Lovely, thank you very much. No issues with sound quality or anything like that through it?

I saw this post earlier during the day, but was out and about. anyway I am a fan of this type of upgrad/integration. I bought the bluetooth version of the following: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-USB-SD-AUX-MP3-Player-CD-changer-adapter-Toyota-Auris-Corolla-Yaris-2006-12-/121474706644?hash=item1c4874ecd4:g:lFYAAOSwcu5UUnGv

I did a "how to" on the Avensis site.

All the usual names like Connects2, Yatour, Xcarlink etc. They all work the same, with the steering controls changing the tracks and folders.

Sound quality is as good as the MP3 has been produced. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2016 at 7:37 PM, Konrad C said:

I saw this post earlier during the day, but was out and about. anyway I am a fan of this type of upgrad/integration. I bought the Bluetooth version of the following: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-USB-SD-AUX-MP3-Player-CD-changer-adapter-Toyota-Auris-Corolla-Yaris-2006-12-/121474706644?hash=item1c4874ecd4:g:lFYAAOSwcu5UUnGv

I did a "how to" on the Avensis site.

All the usual names like Connects2, Yatour, Xcarlink etc. They all work the same, with the steering controls changing the tracks and folders.

Sound quality is as good as the MP3 has been produced. 

Is the above linked one okay quality wise? As you mentioned, I have been looking primarily at the 'known' brands, like xcarlink and Connects2, but I've not heard of LaPower before. I am a little bit of an audiophile and would rather not have a loss in audio quality (the stock HU is far from great as is, but cant justify spending money on a new one just yet).

Thanks for "How-To", that's actually what lead me to this type of upgrade over a HU swap.

Hi Alistair, 

The sound quality is down to the bit-rate or the recording. The high the better the sound. I also have a couple of CD's in the car, and music on the discs are either MP3 or WMA. 

Most of the USB/MP3 adaptors including the named brands, only display the track and folder number. Not the track/artist/album name! Not an issue for me, as I place the music in folders by genre. The LaPower which sold on eBay from the seller is as good as other MP3 adaptors I have fitted and heard in other cars. I got the Xcarlink version with the additional bluetooth module, for my brothers' Grand Scenic. It cost double what I paid for the LaPower, which does the same in one small box.

In my previous car which had a Sony tape/CD/tuner, plus CD changer, I added a Connects2 USB adaptor. This plugged into the CD changer socket, and the CD changer plugged into the adaptor. To change between the CD/changer and the USB adaptor, just press the CD button. Same as the current Toyota set up.

I hope you read up on the CD changer socket type the Toyota uses. Curreently it is a 6+6 socket, the earlier is 7+5 type socket.

Thanks for the reply, most of the music I have is 1000+kpbs FLAC, with the odd 320kps MP3 thrown in, not worried about that, more about the quality of the dac/whether any interference would be added to the line-in.

My Corolla is 55 plate, MY06, so I believe that makes it a 6+6 connector, but I'm happy to be corrected!