Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just bought my first ever Toyota , Yippeeeeeeeeee

Spenceman

Hello everyone , today I am picking up my first ever Toyota , a Yaris 1.3 vvti , I was very impressed on the test drive and the inside is rather nice , the boot is great and the sliding backseats are genius as in my job I often have to fit a wheelchair in the back of my car . Does anybody have any advice on how to maintain the car correctly , or , any warnings or things I should watch out for?  Many thanks in advance.

Was wondering , is it possible to switch the start/stop function on and off as you can with my Fiance's new Ford Fiesta?

Hello Spencer - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

One can switch the stop/start off via the dash switch, but it resets itself when the ignition is turned off. Not sure why you wish to disable it, as, in traffic queues, etc, and given its operational parameters, it works quite well.

Where exactly is the switch on the dashboard , and also there is an eco off switch on the console between the front seats , but I have no idea what it does or what it is for , looked in manual but no sign of it anywhere , wondering if the dealer who sold me the car has given me the correct manual for this model of Yaris. Many thanks for your advice.

P.S. The engine on/off is not working at the moment and hasn't worked since I picked the car up yesterday afternoon , but still love everything about it and the way it drives is superb. Thanks Toyota :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2016 at 6:47 AM, Spenceman said:

Where exactly is the switch on the dashboard , and also there is an eco off switch on the console between the front seats , but I have no idea what it does or what it is for , looked in manual but no sign of it anywhere , wondering if the dealer who sold me the car has given me the correct manual for this model of Yaris. Many thanks for your advice.

P.S. The engine on/off is not working at the moment and hasn't worked since I picked the car up yesterday afternoon , but still love everything about it and the way it drives is superb. Thanks Toyota :)

Have you contacted the dealer? you need to flag all of these issues within 14-28 days (or whatever warranty was provided to you)

Your eco off button is the one that stops the engine from turning off when you stop. Its a good idea to use this during traffic so you're not going to flatten the Battery with your starter motor pulling current every few seconds.

The stop/start on either of my two Auris has never caused a Battery problem in traffic - this being in heavy city traffic.

The stop/start only works within certain parameters, which includes the Battery having sufficient charge. Other parameters include the ambient temperature being above approx 4 degrees centigrade, and there not being a heavy electrical load on the system.

The advice re the turning the stop/start off in traffic, defeats the object of having the stop/start system.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links