Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

corolla t sport problem

Paul Woolley

Hi. My girlfriend recently bought a rather nice t sport but since she has had it makes a whistling noise from 4000rpm but I can't work out what it is or where it's coming from. It also has the heater matrix issue so I've got to sort that but not sure which heater matrix to buy as they list two different ones ? Apart from that it's a really nice car. I try to borrow it when ever i can haha hope someone can help us. Thanks :)

Have you tried flushing the heater matrix before shelling out for a new one.....

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yeah I did. It made a slight difference but not much. I've seen other people asking about the whistling but no answers on what it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Where's the actual whistling coming from...sounds like a hose isn't connected properly or it has a hole.

Sounds like a hose etc. I had a noise like that on my new shape transit. Turned out to be the intercooler. Obviously not yours but as mentioned a hose or tiny pin ubik in the radiator. Defo sounds like a hole somewhere. 

Try parking up and reving. Can you still hear it. If not its a forced induction hole....i.e. air in then out. 

It's only under load. I've taped up the millions of holes someone had drilled in the air box just to see if there was any difference but it didn't. Well it's hard to work out where it's coming from but it sounds like it's from the engine bay 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links