Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris touring sports front brake problem

dimaxxx

Hi,

I buyed in 2014 a brand new toyota auris touring sports  2.0 d4d , since begin that i have this car in the front brake pads or brake caliber shaking (making noise , metal clincking noise) on bad road !!! Really anouning , evrybody look then at me !!! I was already 4 time's in garage (waranty 5 years....) Still not fixed .... Last time they told me change brake pads ... We cant do in garanty because its half of the way weared ...

Any suggestion ? 

As far as I'm aware, there has never been an Auris Touring Sport sold in the UK with the 2.0 D4D engine.

So are you in the UK (as your profile is showing Cornwall)? What engine do you actually have?

• Like 1

Im in Belgium , trying to find by my self "the problem" of this issue .... Trying all forums , its not possibel that im the only person in the world with this problem , and that toyota cant find this problem , bringing me crazy i need to drive on bad road with pressing the brake pedal !, if they cant find , they can take the car back ! I buyed NEW car ... I payed for that car 28 700 euro (almost full option) 

Your profile has been edited to show 'Other/non-UK'.

Providing false information isn't helping.

• Like 1

So;

1. Does this noise only occur on bad roads?
  2. Is it all the time, or when braking only?
  3. Does the steering wheel shake when you brake, or does it shake all the time?
  4. Are they the same pads and discs on the car since new?

I'll be honest and say it does sound like one or both of the pads have worn, causing the noise. Sometimes pads can become loose in the caliper and rattle around.

jack up the car, take each wheel off and try to move the pads. If there's a lot of movement, then that could be the issue. Replace with new pads. I don't know if Toyota fit anti rattle shims at the factory, but replace those also if worn or missing. Don't forget to use some copper paste on the back of the pads.

The car is around 2 years old now, and, with any new car warranty regardless of the manufacturer, brake pads and discs only have limited cover, due to the fact they are judged to be wear and tear items.

For example VAG (Volkswagen, Skoda, Seat, etc) only provide six months cover on brake discs.

Only bad roads ... WHen press pedal all okey ! It has pretty much play inside ... That's nice i came first time on 2000 km with that problem :))) And after 2 years they can't change it :))) because they worn ! good strategy :))) I saw  new pads in the shop (Bosch, like original installed)! , the same size , nothing will change :))) it has to much play .... :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links