Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

LED interior lights

Scots Guy

Ok went to Halfords and got pink LED bulbs for the rear interior. I have 2 girls got it all done was working brilliant went to McDonald's came out and interior lights wouldn't work. Door warning lights on it keeps blowing fuse 56 dome light am I doing something wrong or do all the interior lights need to be changed to stop the fuse from blowing??

Something is shorting to earth? Are the LEDs direct replacements or have you installed LED strips? Also note that LED bulbs may only work one way as they have fixed polarity (so I've read). I've swapped to LED for the front three (two reading lights) and added LED strips for the footwells on the same circuit without any difficulties at all. I've also put supplementary LED strips in the boot. So mixing standard lights and aren't a problem. My car is a 58 so doesn't use any Canbus lights but even on later models (which may use them? - Not sure) I'd be surprised if the interior lights are included. But I wouldn't discount that as being a factor. 

Edited by gazza1286

I have a 56 (55 plate) Direct replacement doesn't say anything about polarity on them! I can't be ubikd running wires going as far as getting the alloys refurbed was gonna go get it resprayed White and Matt black or just Matt black but! Struggling to get the mpg up to where it should be had is services but air box doesn't look touched and the cabin filter hasn't been touched

LED's by their very nature can only work one way. Diodes are used on circuits to allow electricity to flow in one direction but to prevent power flowing the other way. If memory serves me well, if you have a particular sensitive piece of electronics you'll stick a diode in between that and the power source. LED's aren't very power intensive either, so they don't drink power like other light forms do.

Only thing I can think to do first is to remove the LED's completely and see if the issue still carries on. If it's LED's then go back to Halfords with them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links