Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lost key...

Norfolkinchance

My wife "lost" the key to our 2007 Auris TR D-4D ...anyone know how much for a new one from toyota ( will cost a fortune I expect) or has anyone got any suggestions on where to get compatible one. I live in Norwich Norfolk.

which key did she lose (I imagine that car came new with 2 black remote keys & a grey "valet" key?)?

Do you still have any keys?

If you still have a working key, I'd guess between £150 and £250 depending on the dealer. (My Dad's Verso key was £220, and I've had quotes for my Yaris ranging from £150 to £190, seemingly dependant on which Toyota dealer I ask and what time of day?!).

If you can find the programming sequence for your car, you can also take a punt on eBay but I've tried it and it's more hassle than it's worth.

If you have NO keys left for the car.... things get a lot harder. If you have lost-key cover as part of your insurance policy, get them to sort it out. Otherwise you're looking at £600+ to get someone to crack the ECU to inject a new transponder code, or £1000+ for Toyota to change the ECU and possibly the lock barrels IIRC?

• Like 1

I asked in a key booth near supermarket how much would cost to get a copy key for my Auris - they said something around £80 if I want it with all buttons like original and they confirmed that they can copy the chip codes... I did not order it as my two original keys still work fine (despite one of them is bent), but IMHO it is definitely worth to ask if you still have one original key.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links