Do Not Sell My Personal Information

spy shots of C-HR, seen in the UK

786s13

hi guys, 

not sure if this thread belongs here but just seen the new, soon to be released, C-HR drive past my work.... so took a few photos..

1st impressions. 

• same size as nissan junk,
  • front end looks very much like the rav4 but has more aggressive wheel arches that are more noticeable.  
  • quite a big rear roof spoiler
  • rear door handles are tucked away quite high up, could a problem for small kids to get in.
  • auto folding door mirrors when locked
  • hybrid
  • rear light look very similar to the new rear lights of the honda civic. 

the car was a tester car so all the interior was covered so couldn't see the inside. also its was left hand drive.  

enjoy the pics.. 

IMG_20160722_174548.jpg

IMG_20160722_174554.jpg

IMG_20160722_174615.jpg

IMG_20160722_174619.jpg

Haven't got a CH-R club yet (have already suggested it) - so moved to General Discussions.

That is one ugly car from the rear end (front's not much better). Imagine trying to reverse it with all that plastic bumff going on there and the "letter box" rear window, even though I suppose it'll have the camera. It would look cool with Lambo doors though. 

don't know why they bothered taping the badges on the rear - it has a whacking great Toyota Badge on the front plus it's already been displayed publicly in the UK to tens of thousands at the cricket, Goodwood Festival of Speed etc.

Similar for the interior e.g. http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/92834/first-look-inside-the-new-toyota-c-hr-hybrid

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/new-chr/index.json

Looks like a thousand other computer designed cars to me... bland, boring and with no style.   Aghhhh, why do we all hanker after the cars of the fifty's and sixties (well, I know I do) that were designed by 'people'!  At a glance you could tell what car make and model you were looking at and some had that 'wow' factor.  Impossible now as they all look the ruddy same bar the Badge.  Modern cars might be aerodynamically efficient, ergonomic, safer and full of labour saving devices... but gawd they have zero style and no 'car appeal'.  I look at modern cars the same way as I do with a lawn mower... =functional!  Still... if Chris Evans says a cars OK... it must be so!

RANT over... :)

4 hours ago, daveh_rav4 said:

Aghhhh, why do we all hanker after the cars of the fifty's and sixties (well, I know I do) that were designed by 'people'!  At a glance you could tell what car make and model you were looking at and some had that 'wow' factor. 

Badge engineering was used by some manufacturers in the 50's and 60's. With some models, difficult to tell a Chevrolet from a Pontiac, a Morris from an Austin, Wolseley from a Riley, etc.