Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota avensis d4d 2.0 2006 1cd-ftv oil pressure light

avensisd4d786

Hi guys. I thought i would share todays antics. 

Oil pressure light came on.

Car has nearly 200,000. We cleaned the pick up strainer as with the mileage we expected to be a sludge build up on the mesh. To our suprise it was clean I guess regular servicing paid off. 

So new oil was added with new filter.

Red oil light was still on next to the Battery one whilst on idle it would go away when revved. At first it would be flashing then stay on. 

So next point of call was the oil pressure switch. This is the oil filter housing and can be seen whilst looking under the bonnet. So far so good just wish we changed the switch first, i suppose a good pickup clean and sump clean isnt bad for the engine.

• Like 1

I would have looked at the oil pressure switch too. Sometime the switch leaks.

At least it was something simple and not a bigger issue.

Yes it was leaking. Ive never had one go before to be honest. Wish i seen it earlier 

• Like 1

Ok so that problem seems ok. When you put your foot down there is blue smoke its fine on normal driving. 

Probably sucking oil through the breather into turbo? How did you clean your pick up screen?

sump off job

• Like 1

for a car with 200k there was no sludge on screen or bottom of sump

where is this breather pipe on this engine????

Is yours the 1cd-ftv? Its the hose that comes from the air fliter to turbo the small hose that branches off it into the top of engine on right hand side....was looking to clean my sump and screen possibly a bit of sludge in mine. the missus always used it for short journey driving. Some of which were 1 mile or less every day.

This one attached 

$_1.JPG

Yes the small hose off the side.the top of the engine/rocker cover has a baffle inside that's supposed to stop the oil being sucked up through it.this doesn't happen it seems to keep oil in the baffle which then makes bigger droplets of oil which ends up inside your turbo and air intake and of course with the dreadful egr valve the soot clings to it.

small hose only had oil vapor not massive amounts. turbo spindle doesn't have excessive play

Yes mine was the same.but over time it gradually builds up. I have pics up here somewhere of mine with the intake blocked and the throttle caked in sticky goo.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, avensisd4d786 said:

small hose only had oil vapor not massive amounts. turbo spindle doesn't have excessive play

'I', remember that the suction/vacuum in the inlet is greater than a non-turbo, so what you think is only oil vapour is more under load. At least you can clean everything. 

At least you know the engine and turbo. 

• Like 1

Im starting to think its the turbo seals,

If you can blank the small hose inlet on the air cleaner hose and if you can make a longer hose/connect and piece of hose or pipe to your existing hose on engine breather side.rev it up and see if the blue smoke/turbo seals problem is still there.

NUMBER 1:LEAVE ON ENGINE. 

NUMBER 2: EXTENDED HOSE/PIPE INTO A CONTAINER. 

NUMBER 3:BLANK OFF THAT SIDE OF AIR CLEANER HOSE. (THE REDUCING HOSE).

2016-07-25 19.29.07.jpg

ok will have a go.

!*DON'T STUFF ANYTHING INTO THAT SIDE OF HOSE GOING TO THE TURBO.!*

YOU DON'T WANT ANYTHING GOING IN THERE!* (BUT AIR)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links