Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius 2016 rear indicators

Harters

I went and had another look at the new Prius in my local showroom and looking in the boot I couldn't see an obvious way of changing the rear indicators?  The boot looks so well finished with no obvious hatches or thumb knobs to remove the lamps to change the bulbs.

Not getting my Prius until March next year, but am thinking of changing rear indicators to LED (canbus) if I can get some decent bulbs.  Seems a shame they didn't fit them as standard like they have with the tail lights and brake lights.  I will be changing all the other interior lights to LEDs as I always do with my cars, but I haven't ever changed indicators as I am not 100% sure on the legality of doing so, but curious to know how to access them :)

Download the full owner's manual - changing bulbs, etc should be covered

The top half of the light cluster unbolts from the rear panel. Open the hatch, pry off the black plastic cover, remove the two bolt headed screws and slide the top half of the light cluster out to the rear of the car. You may have a problem finding LEDs to fit the indicator as its a large amber wedge type bulb.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies :smile: