Do Not Sell My Personal Information

satnav or not

Blooboy

Hi all, my rav 4 2.2L seems not to have satnav.   Is this the case or do I have to activate something?

Thank you in advance, Dee

Sat nav is an optional extra on most RAVs so won't be present unless it was specified. But you don't say exactly which year and model of RAV you are referring to ... ?

sorry about that Philip ......year 2013 2.2L manual and 150 or thereabouts bhp.  also AWD.

I've read up on this topic on these forums since and have decided that if you want it you gotta pay for it.

Ill be fitting my old Xtrons in place of the T unit and should be good to go for less than £160.

Thank you for your response Philip, Dee

Yup, the later model have it stowed in the glove box... it's called a road map. :)

Seriously...  Garmin wanted £65 for a map update to my several year old Garmin 2.5" Sat Nav.  The map update was worth more than the Sat Nav...

I went on-line and purchased a NozaTec 7" touch screen Car GPS SAT NAV Navigation System, Speedcam FM 4GB tablet style Chinese made Sat Nav for £35....  free map updates for life, 2D/3D GFX, POI, road config etc. Also a car fixing kit.  UK, Ireland and Europe maps, memory and much better s/ware than Garmin.  You can also load up MP3 audio files and play them through your car radio/speaker system, It also plays movie files while your waiting three days in the Dover Ferry queue.  I have used this daily for the last three years without a problem... one of the best value items I ever purchased.  If it broke tomorrow and I binned it... I would still have had my moneys worth.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_nkw=NozaTec+7"+Car+GPS+SAT+NAV+Navigation+System+Speedcam+FM+4GB+Free+maps+update&_id=390795963884&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658

Hope this helps...

@ redlew.    no problems with maps, they're just a bit awkward to read when you're on the motorway going fast...

@ daveh_rav4.   you'd think Mr T would add the sat nav to their already great stereo sys....especially when the nav button is already in place.   about as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

Reminds me of buying a yaris for my daughter back in 2003 but it had no cd player...T gave her a price of £450 for the cd unit which is added on.   I went to T as I knew the parts manager fairly well and asked him would he have charged my daughter £450 for the unit ( rather sarcasticly ) to which he said yep!.  He sold it to me for £250 instead.

Makes you wonder.....

Toyota isn't the only manufacturer to incorporate initially redundant fittings in order to accommodate potential upgrades owners may choose to have - quite common.

Does your profile need updating from the Auris ??

@ FROSTYBALLS.    No I still have my SR180 and hopefully for a long time.   The rav was px my wife's 2012 Avensis vvti 1.8.last week.   She couldn't get used to the electronic handbrake......all is well now coz the rav has the conventional h/brake.

Son has 06 corolla 2.0D4D

Daughter has 2012 Auris 1.3 stop go

Wife has 2013 Rav 4 2.2L

Me have 2008 Auris 2.2L SR180

I still make up excuses to get for a drive in the SR. ( cop told me I was reliving my youth):biggrin: