Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paint peeling on rear bumper

SRSTEVE

Hi all,

My wife has the 2015 Aygo Xcite 2 in orange.

When i clean the car and at the weekend I notice what I thought was a small piece of black tape hanging off the rear bumper. When I moved it with the sponge i noticed it was the rear bumper paint. Does anyone have any experience of this and Toyotas' response before I take it to the dealership.

ps I only use a bucket & sponge and hose pipe to clean the car so no pressure washer blasting at the bumper.

IMG_20160725_054443.jpg

IMG_20160725_054402.jpg

That is the diffuser, which is one of the elements one can personalise on the car. See - https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/aygo/index.json#/publish/accessories_interaction_viewall

Toyota provide a three year paintwork warranty in addition to the five year/100,000 miles new car warranty.

As you haven't got mudflaps fitted, it could be damage caused by stone chipping - difficult to say from the photo.

Take it into your Toyota dealer, together with the piece of paint that has come off, and see what they say. If they think it is a paint problem, it could be cost effective just to replace the diffuser.

Might be worth thinking of having mudflaps anyway.

• 2 months later...
On 25/07/2016 at 8:18 PM, SRSTEVE said:

Hi all,

My wife has the 2015 Aygo Xcite 2 in orange.

When i clean the car and at the weekend I notice what I thought was a small piece of black tape hanging off the rear bumper. When I moved it with the sponge i noticed it was the rear bumper paint. Does anyone have any experience of this and Toyotas' response before I take it to the dealership.

ps I only use a bucket & sponge and hose pipe to clean the car so no pressure washer blasting at the bumper.

IMG_20160725_054443.jpg

IMG_20160725_054402.jpg

Hi please could you let me know what happened to your paint work on your car ,coz mine as just gone the same and I don't know what to do, I bought it in fed this year and it was registered in 2015.thanks janet

Hi please could you let me know what you did about your car with the paint flaking off,because mine is just the same, and in the same place and car ,I bought it in fed 2016 and registered in 2015. thanks janet 

• 2 weeks later...

Those parts are generally sprayed by Toyota approved bodyshops when the customer chooses the colour of the part upon initial order of the car. They are generally poorly prepped as the technicians give it a quick scotch before painting and that's why theres the issue of delamination. 

48 minutes ago, aygo_rory said:

Those parts are generally sprayed by Toyota approved bodyshops when the customer chooses the colour of the part upon initial order of the car. 

The gloss black diffuser as pictured, is the standard finish on the X-pression and X-cite, rather than being one of the colour options chosen on ordering.

On 15/10/2016 at 10:48 AM, Janet rigby said:

Hi please could you let me know what you did about your car with the paint flaking off,because mine is just the same, and in the same place and car ,I bought it in fed 2016 and registered in 2015. thanks janet 

See my earlier reply copied below:

"Toyota provide a three year paintwork warranty in addition to the five year/100,000 miles new car warranty.

As you haven't got mudflaps fitted, it could be damage caused by stone chipping - difficult to say from the photo.

Take it into your Toyota dealer, together with the piece of paint that has come off, and see what they say. If they think it is a paint problem, it could be cost effective just to replace the diffuser.

Might be worth thinking of having mudflaps anyway."