Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sabotage or just a coincidence

starman

My 1994 2.0 Rav 4 is a second car and doesn't get used that much, perhaps once a fortnight.  Yesterday I noticed that both front tyres looked soft and found they were down to 15psi in each.  This morning I planned to use it for work to give it an outing.  On setting off both the Battery warning light and the brake fluid warning light were illuminated.  I returned it to the drive and used my other car.  Tonight I found that the Battery is not getting any charge.  Also that the brake fluid level is fine.

Now the last time I used the car these problems were not present.  I know tyres lose pressure over time but coupled with the other faults I wondered if there is  something that someone could have done to cause these faults or is it a coincidence that they have manifested themselves whilst the car has been stood idle.  Thoughts please.

A 50% less in that time and in both wheels at the same time would certainly arouse suspicions with me and I can't imagine that they would both be the same re loss unless the b******s had a pressure gauge in the pocket. Clutching at straws I know with all the wet weather we have had and if steel wheels are fitted does anyone think it might be air loss around the rims as the front wheels carry more load than the back ones. Is the alternator belt tight enough. Are the Battery terminal clamps tight on both posts and free of corrosion Might be worth having the Battery drop tested as batteries can fail when they feel like it

Del