Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Intermittent Remote Key Locking/Unlocking Problem

mickburkesnr

I have a Peugeot 107 (which is the same as an Aygo - and personally this forum is much more knowledgeable about the car compared to Peugeot) and I bought it in 2010. For the last 12 months I've had a problem locking and unlocking the car with the remote. I can be standing 10 metres away from the car and unlock it, but then the next time it won't unlock even if I'm right up close to the car with the key pointing at the lock. I've even walked around the car, pressing the lock/unlock button waving it in front of every pane of glass and it won't lock or unlock. And, being lazy, I have tried to lock/unlock the car from the living room and it's worked.

I thought it might be the Battery in the remote, but the fact it will still work at a distance makes me think its something else. Has anyone had this issue?

No, but I'd try a new Battery!!!

If your at a distance try putting the key under your chin, it'll user your head as an antenna!!! No really!!!

You could just be experiencing interference? But the Battery is far more likely...

Whilst you're replacing the Battery, check the micro switches on the little circuit board inside the key housing. They can sometimes deteriorate to the point where they don't function properly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links