Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Daihatsu Yrv Turbo Into A Yaris...

SuperRetard

Ok, the Daihatsu YRV Turbo makes a staggering 130bhp and 125ft/lb of torque. I'd like to see that in the more capable Yaris chassis!

The engine is known by Daihatsu as the K3-VET

SPECS:

4-cylinder, 16-valve, DVVT DOHC, Turbo-charged

Displacement cc 1298

Bore ´Stroke mm 72.0/79.7

Max. output kW/rpm 95/6400

Max. torque N·m/rpm 170/3200

Compression ratio 8.5

Clearly it's a development of the Toyota 2SZ-FE - the facelift model 1.3.

DOHC 16-valve VVT-i 4-cylinder

Bore x stroke (mm) 72.0 x 79.7

Displacement: 1,298 cm3

Compression ratio: 10.0:1

The earlier 1.3s (the 2NZFEs) are simply short-stroke T-sport engines. On paper they look like a far better unit than the later 1.3 (reverse cylinder head, higher compression, more revs) - but they've been ditched because the bored'n'stroked version of the 1.0 (the above-mentioned 2SZ-FE) is both cleaner and more frugal...

So here my interest in the YRV Turbo ends. I was planning on fitting the manifold and turbo to my own 1.3 to see what happens. The two big problems are:

1) I have the wrong motor

2) Daihatsu have significantly lowered the compression of the original engine before they turbo'd it - down from 10:1 to just 8.5:1 - this suggests a reasonably high level of compression (maybe 10psi or more)... and therefore instant engine detonation if you just bolted it on without dropping the PSI of the blower

Congrats if you read this far! :thumbsup:

1) I have the wrong motor

Doesn't sound so good then! Oh well thats good info 4 any T3 owners out there then!

Cheers

some good detective work there batman!

The earlier 1.3s (the 2NZFEs) are simply short-stroke T-sport engines

Care to elaborate?

I own the SR too and am interested to know more!

Cheers mate! :thumbsup:

Demonic Angel.. Moffmo...

Do I hear my name being spoken in vain? :D

What have I done - whatever it is, I'm innocent I tells ya guvnor, INNOCENT! :thumbsup: :D :lol:

OI! And you lads wonder why you get a slap for talking to a girls breasts instead of her face! :D

OI! And you lads wonder why you get a slap for talking to a girls !Removed! instead of her face!  :D

!Removed!?

I was looking at the knickers! :lol:

My point exactly!

Liz Hurleys my sister you know! :thumbsup: I'll tell her you like her knickers! Bit kinky though! :D

I posted this topic along time ago about this car, this is a car that is popular in Hong Kong, the front look of the car is taken from the Toyota starlet as I spoke to the sell's guy at the Daihatsu garage in HK. He said the turbo gives out 130bhp so that is the same as the starlet Turbo.

I also sat in one :D hehehe, wouldn't mind havent one, but the UK dont have the turbo one out :(

Here are some pics i took whilst i was there, sorry for the blur.

Dface.jpg

Dseats.jpg

Dback.jpg

D1.jpg

:group-cuddles:

I also sat in one :D hehehe, wouldn't mind havent one, but the UK dont have the turbo one out :(

The UK has the turbo one now, but only comes in automatic though, think the one in HK was auto only as well.

Kenny :thumbsup:

Yeah all auto, reckon u can get a manual? Wow its out in the UK :D hmmm, wonder where my nearest dealer is, never seen a Daihatsu garage b4 :blink:

haha, i've only seen one daihatsu garage before, forgot where that is though!! :unsure:

they won't come in manual though, i havent even seen one on the road here.. :blink:

auto only! you can shove that up your ar....................

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links