Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Daihatsu Yrv Turbo Into A Yaris...

SuperRetard

It was just to add the YRV manifold and turbo, then place the MAF sensor in the turbo inlet pipe between the filter and the turbo itself... then somehow lower the boost on the turbo down to 5-6psi...

Not rocket science and probably very silly. ;)

Well the specs say the Daihatsu version of the motor has had the compression lowered to 8.5:1 from the Toyota's 10:1... which also indicated that there's some massive timing retardation going in too, as the Dai obviously has a fair amount of boost dialled in.

Just bolting on the turbine using the Dai manifold will probably result in some major detonation and possible engine meltdown. So then you’ve got the choice of lowering the boost from the turbo (cheap but loses a lot of the original 130bhp), or using a custom ECU to !Removed! the ignition while fitting some low-compression pistons.

you cant just bolt it on!

needs work to get it right

I'd have liked to try and find a YRV turbo and manifold for around £300, then turned the boost down to around 7psi (0.5bar) and aimed for 105bhp-ish with a boat-load of torque.

I'd have liked to try and find a YRV turbo and manifold for around £300, then turned the boost down to around 7psi (0.5bar) and aimed for 105bhp-ish with a boat-load of torque.

could you do with without changing anything in your existing engine??!!

Only 300 quid?

It's a bit dodgy, and it's reliant on adjusting the boost of the turbo accurately and your engine having a certain amount of built-in strength.

Hmmm.... lots of oe-spec turbos under £100 on eBay... ex-Impreza, ex-Supra, ex-Skyline, ex-323GTR, ex-GTiR... fooooood for thought! :drool:

believe it or not aswell a good fitter can produce you a quality stainless manfold for around £450

I think I know what you're thinking ;)

The T3 1.3 is a development of the 1.0 Yaris... but it's a bigger bore and a longer stroke. Pound to a penny the exhaust ports aren't the same position as the 1.3 version, so I dunno whether the turbo/manifold from the 1.3 YRV would bolt straight on or not...

8.5:1 compression is really good for turbo'ing thats what my compression is going to be and i can run 1 - 1.2 BAR on mine when its done

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links