Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Service Costs...

deagle

Just had my first service on my Yaris D4D £107 inc. Not bad until you find out that all that they have done is basically change the engine oil and filter (no plugs, air filter, coolant change etc) and inspect a few things. Of course you get the all important stamp in the book too.

I wonder is this a fairly standard price or does it pay to shop around toyota dealers ? The next service at 2ys/20K is more major (£250+ ?)

Deagle

cost £120 at toyota the first time!!

cost £79 at a back street garage the 2nd time! Not sure what was involved!

;)

mines due thursday but dont kno whether its worth goin bak 2 mister T

who thinks i shud go else where?

Just had my first service on my Yaris D4D £107 inc. Not bad until you find out that all that they have done is basically change the engine oil and filter (no plugs, air filter, coolant change etc) and inspect a few things. Of course you get the all important stamp in the book too.

I had a bit of a hissy a few mnths bk when they did %$( all, ticked some boxes and not others, blah, blah blah.

Toyota annoy me, but then again so do most garages. When my warranty runs out, ill do it all myself. U basically pay for a stamp!

paid Mr T 80 quid for first service

How often should it be serviced? I heard something about having a 20 minute 'health check' rather than a full service sometimes?

Any opinions on whether to stick with T or go elsewhere?

Ta.

Hey my cars due in for the 2 year service next month, any idea how much its gonna cost?

Oh and will they say anything cos i didnt take it in for the 1yr service? As i only had like 4000 miles on it then and thought it werent worth it.

Cheers

Hey my cars due in for the 2 year service next month, any idea how much its gonna cost?

Oh and will they say anything cos i didnt take it in for the 1yr service? As i only had like 4000 miles on it then and thought it werent worth it.

Cheers

That just means its not got FSH - as its normally every 1 year or 10k miles whichever comes first....

I'm sure it wont bother them much - although they may tut you about it!

the 20k services on a t sport are £360 all in. They charge 59 quid for a brake fluid change! A job i did myself in 20 mins with a £4 bottle of fluid! they also charge £30 for the air filter and 50 for plugs!

i did all the recomended changes on mine with non genuine parts for £40 :D

Sod the history, it aint worth the paper its written on. if some people realised that all it meant was a 16 year old apprentice did the graft for £2 an hour and someone ragged the !Removed! off it in a so called test drive, things would be different!

How do i know? my dad has worked for a main dealer for 30 years and hes got more stories than jackanory! :thumbsup:

Dont think ive ever taken one of my cars to any main dealer ever!

My D4-D will be due its first service in a month or less, so I'll let you know how much it costs then... The first service for my old 1.0l only cost £60, so if it's much more than that then I'll want to know why!

Struans do seem to be pretty keenly priced though compared to some other dealers that I know people have had dealings with.

Cheers,

Alan

think ill have the 3rd service done at mister T for sake of warranty and then do em myself, but im gonna make sure washer bottle is full ive got an induction so i dont need a filter, an give em a bottle for my oil cuz they chare 8 quid for disposal wel ill put it in me recycling box

Thanks for the replies.

I guess it all boils down to whether you plan to sell or keep long term. If selling and less than 3-4 years then FTSH is important. After that it really doesn't matter so much.

I only tend to keep cars for a year or two - so will probably keep using the Dealer service despite the undoubted poor VFM.

Cheers

Deagle

A little tip for yaris D4D drivers who service them yourself . Go down to BMW for your oil filters as they are cheeper (they fit the engine in the mini ) and once out of the box the are the same toyota part number!!! :huh:

If you take the yaris to a non-Toyota garage for a service will the warranty still be ok?

It'll be my first service so I should probably get it done by Toyota but with my last car we had a great mechanic so I would prefer to take it to him.

Considering all that needs to be done is an oil change it seems a waste of money to go to Toyota.

My first year service for my GS cost £78 all in at a Toyota dealer. 2nd service I managed to get thrown in as part of the deal when I bought my TS. Third service is in September, wonder what deal I can swing this time... <_<

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links