Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

ian k.

ian k.

Have just got my fourth avensis for nearly 2 yrs now, Has a dull rumble front passenger side, hear it more over rough surface, any ideas of what this could be. 2014 2.0 diesel

Could be brake caliper slider pins.  Does the noise go away if the brakes are pressed?

Not sure, I will try this and let you know, Thanks very much. If this is the problem would that make the car pull to the left?  I have had all four wheels aligned twice but no difference...

No it shouldn't affect the steering

yes rumble stops under braking, You were correct , cheers .. thanks very much for your help. should I replace the pins?

To test...hold the caliper firmly 'diagonally', and check for in/out movement.

Lubricating them stops the rattle for a couple of months but it comes back.  Best to replace them, but they're not cheap, and  beware a 'set' is only enough for one wheel.

edit...if yours is still under warranty it should be covered.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks , I will do this. Yes my car is still under warranty, but that never goes smoothly.... will let you know what dealers invents to avoid doing the job under warranty.  Charles Hurst group, this is part of the Lookers Empire...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links