Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hybrid Health Check certificate

sushd

Had a full service done last week but no HHC certificate was given. When I asked I was told by the service adviser that it is no longer issued! 

The invoice doesn't mention HHC being done as part of the service. Don't see it mentioned online on "My Toyota" -> "Service Details" either (the service adviser told me that that is where I should look). So, how do I know for sure if HHC was done? 

Has anyone been issued HHC certificate recently .. when the car was serviced? 

TIA

Toyota were still advertising it on their website on 29/7/2016 see https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/hybrid-health-check.json.

However, I have lost count of the number of times my Norwich dealer has returned the car without doing the health check. I think I have only had it done once without asking and having the certificate supplied. Once, they had a printer issue,  and promised to forward it by post. I got a photocopy a couple of weeks later,  but not until I'd sent an email reminder.

Other than that, I’ve always had to ask at the end of the service, and then wait another 20 minutes or so. I stopped going to a closer to home branch of the same dealer, because the Service Manager kept telling porkies about the health check. For example that it didn't apply  after 100, 000 miles. 

And that is at one of the best dealers around.

Following the second year service on our Gen 3 Prius the health check was recorded on the invoice. Last year I got a certificate.

I got one on my most recent service (last month) but not on the two before that.

An HHC should be issued with EVERY main dealer service. Dealers are targeted to ensure a consistently high HHC completion rate so I doubt that it escaped. Phone the Service Manager and ask for a copy 

My Gen 4 went in for a 60,000 mile service, plus the Hybrid Health Check today.

Came away with the usual service receipt, a clean bill of health on the Hybrid system and a Cert to confirm the process had been done, and an extra 12 month warrantee on the system.

Happy dayz.

• 1 month later...

Had my car serviced 4 days ago - no HHC that I saw (I'll check my paperwork)! Thanks to this thread I know to ask for one!

I would hope Toyota knows it has been done, as it is a warranty issue.

Main dealer serviced.

Re-checked the paperwork here - it mentions "intermediate service", oil change details (including oil grade 0W20) but absent is any mention of hybrid health check!

Calling them in the morning!

On 7 September 2016 at 11:46 PM, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Re-checked the paperwork here - it mentions "intermediate service", oil change details (including oil grade 0W20) but absent is any mention of hybrid health check!

Calling them in the morning!

How did you get on?

I checked all my paperwork - no mention of the Hybrid Health Check anywhere.

I asked if it had been done, to which they said yes, so I asked if I should have anything that shows if it has been done (due to the warranty extension). At that point the service manager (?) seemed to get slightly annoyed and proceeded to explain how Toyota charge them for the test, whilst they don't charge the end customer. He said he'd send me a copy of the invoice for the test, which he claimed would also be sufficient proof it was done.

He thought I'd receive it tomorrow, so... :huh:

The way he was talking to me on the phone was ... unexpected.

As far as I understood the process, an HHC certificate should be issued with every HHC. However, if the car is still within, for example, the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty, which includes hybrid components and the Battery, the HHC warranty extension isn't required as the car is already covered.

On September 11, 2016 at 10:36 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

As far as I understood the process, an HHC certificate should be issued with every HHC. However, if the car is still within, for example, the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty, which includes hybrid components and the battery, the HHC warranty extension isn't required as the car is already covered.

It's a year old, but given the Battery now has 6 years warranty (or... should have!) then I would still expect some kind of evidence it has been done?

On 09/11/2016 at 10:36 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

As far as I understood the process, an HHC certificate should be issued with every HHC. However, if the car is still within, for example, the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty, which includes hybrid components and the battery, the HHC warranty extension isn't required as the car is already covered.

23 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

It's a year old, but given the battery now has 6 years warranty (or... should have!) then I would still expect some kind of evidence it has been done?

If you had actually READ my post (quoted above) you would have seen that I understood the certificate should be issued when a HHC is carried out - which would be your proof it has been done, and that the hybrid system and Battery are working correctly.

I went onto say that if the vehicle is within it's new car/hybrid components/hybrid Battery warranty - which on a 1 year old vehicle such as yours, would be 5 years/100,000 miles - the HHC extended warranty wouldn't apply as the car is still under warranty for the hybrid components and Battery.

See - https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/warranty/toyota-warranty.json

10 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

It's a year old, but given the battery now has 6 years warranty (or... should have!) then I would still expect some kind of evidence it has been done?

Given that the car is still in factory warranty AND the HHC is an extended warranty program to extend the warranty on the HV Battery, I would expect that the HHC is not required until such time as the car is out of factory warranty. May be that is why your dealer was annoyed?

Your service records with your dealer should be more than ample evidence your car is compliant with all warranty conditions.

Just my 2p's worth.

On 2 August 2016 at 5:00 PM, Parts-King said:

An HHC should be issued with EVERY main dealer service. Dealers are targeted to ensure a consistently high HHC completion rate so I doubt that it escaped. Phone the Service Manager and ask for a copy 

My Auris TS had its second service (only 7600 miles ...) in May 2016. 

Motorline Ashford (Kent) issued the HHC, and included the one-page checklist full of passes.

While some might not bother to issue them if the car is less than five years old, I'd believe they should. And particularly if the car is anything over four years old...  

Wouldn't it be nice if dealers could be consistent with this? Earlier this year I bought a 2 yr old Prius with both service stamps completed, but no HHC certificates included.

Do Toyota not lay down any ground rules for their outlets to observe? Make things a lot easier for us punters if they did.

Consumer messages from Toyota GB often aren't consistent between their own departments.  :(

I had a 80K service done at the end of June this year and was not issued a HHC cert. However I have just checked on the MY TOYOTA site and looked at the service record.

It mentions them having carried out an environment check and Battery check.

Maybe this is the HHC check being covered.

I do know that for the first 2 services I had done at 50 and 60K they issued HHCs for them.

@FROSTYBALLS: I had read your post, and I did understand it. :)

All I'm saying is, regardless of the initial warranty period, I would expect written confirmation that the HHC was completed and that the Battery warranty was extended by 1 year.

@Joseph D: The HHC should be carried out every year from new, as I understand it.

Your service records with your dealer should be more than ample evidence your car is compliant with all warranty conditions.

I'd agree, except there is precisely NOTHING written anywhere in my paperwork about the HHC. Nothing. Zero. Zip. It might as well be a manual diesel car. The service check sheet has exactly zero mention of the HHC, and there is nothing written about it anywhere else, either.

http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-hybrid-health-check

* The Toyota Hybrid Health Check is free with your scheduled servicing. If you’re not due a service, you can have the Check carried out, at a cost of £39.

At the end of the test, our experts will explain the test results to you clearly and simply, to help you fully understand the condition of your Toyota hybrid.

You’ll also be given an extensive and accessible written report that will provide you with the itemised information from your Hybrid Health Check, helping you make an informed decision about any further action you might feel is required.

No such written documentation or explanation here. They did send me a copy of the invoice, so at least I have that now.

17 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

@FROSTYBALLS: I had read your post, and I did understand it. :)

All I'm saying is, regardless of the initial warranty period, I would expect written confirmation that the HHC was completed and that the battery warranty was extended by 1 year.

Well it doesn't look like you did understand my post.

As your car is already covered under the new car warranty for the hybrid Battery and components, the extended warranty won't apply.

As far as I understood the process, an HHC certificate should be issued with every HHC.

So to be clear, at this point in time, I should or should not have a certificate?

9 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

So to be clear, at this point in time, I should or should not have a certificate?

You should have a certificate but it won't do anything to your current warranty as the cert is only valid for 12months / 10k miles.

1 minute ago, MEP's Yaris GS said:

You should have a certificate but it won't do anything to your current warranty as the cert is only valid for 12months / 10k miles.

OK. I have no certificate.

1 hour ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

OK. I have no certificate.

You should get a certificate along with every service you have completed, the warranty extension only becomes of benefit when a service is completed beyond 5 years or 100,000 miles. If you PM me your chassis number I can check to see if a HHC was completed and possibly send you a copy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links