Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres anyone?

Notebook

235 60 16

Duellers on at present, but need 2 on the rear and was thinking of something a bit more aggressive looking.  3 miles to work, so never get above 50 on a dual carriageway.  I saw on black circles that the difference in rating between say an A and B is 6 litres of fuel per life of tyre.. not much?

Also

How does the noise add up? an extra decibel equates to how much difference?

Any info appreciated

The noise rating of the EU tyre labelling is an assessment of noise from outside the vehicle.

so it wouldn't make much difference if you went up or down a decibel?

No.

The decibel rating is the most completely useless information on those tyre ratings as it is completely irrelevant to whoever is buying the tyre - No matter what it says, it will make little to no difference to you inside the car.

My current tyres have a good 5 or so dB lower sound rating than any others I've owned but are easily the most noisy tyres I've had on my car!!

what tyres are people using? its a 3 door one

4 Hankooks on mine and been well impressed with them.

• Like 1

Geolanders on but not aggressive looking at all.  

I thought they looked quite aggressive.  Something that I wanted. Are they noisy etc?

After 6-odd years on Geolanders, I've now got Good Year Efficient Grip on each corner. A much better tyre - quieter & grips much better.   

On 02/08/2016 at 10:38 AM, Grumpy stumpy said:

4 Hankooks on mine and been well impressed with them.

They can be pricey but I put 4 Hankooks on to a 4x4/SUV thing a few years ago and they were brilliant.

Other than that I'm a fan of Toyo tyres. Never buy the cheap no name/Chinese things, no matter how low the decibel is or how "good" the fuel economy is. Never buy cheap, and never buy expensive tyres, just go for something in the middle.

3 hours ago, Sooty torques said:

After 6-odd years on Geolanders, I've now got Good Year Efficient Grip on each corner. A much better tyre - quieter & grips much better.   

Totally different tyres - the Geolanders will get you into & out of places (fields etc.) that the Goodyears won't & conversely the Goodyear is the better purely road tyre.

Yep. Never said they weren't.... The Good Year's still help me tow 750kg loads of apples off *very* muddy fields in Oct / Nov / Dec, plus when we drive down through France into Spain for Christmas the ride is sooooooo much better & smoother. Horses for courses, pay yer money, etc etc etc. 

As I don't push my tyres  I am using a mid range Nexen as recommended by my local indie and have no complaints about them.They were also fitted my last RAV and served me well  

Just my opinion

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links