Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla verso 2.2 vibration through clutch

Danny1984

Hi all,

just got my first Toyota, a 2006 Corolla verso 2.2 d4d.

iv come from a BMW 120d so it feels very different, the main thing I'm unsure of at the moment is a feel of vibration under my foot when pressing the clutch peddle  down, also slightly with the brake pedal when slowing down....

the peddles don't physically judder it's just I feel a vibrating through the peddles, feels maybe like I'm feeling the vibrations from scoring or two things catching somewhere.

.... If anyone has a clue what I'm describing, please let me know and put my mind at rest,

thanks,

dan

Just wanted to add that today the Mrs was in the front passenger seat, and without me saying anything she said to me that under her feet at the front end of the passenger footwell she could feel grinding, seems this is what I'm feeling through the clutch pedal maybe??

seems to be most noticeable at low speeds and then slowing down from speed...

any thoughts please let me know,

dan

Danny, knocks, rattles, bangs, squeaks and vibration are notoriously difficult to diagnose by remote viewing. If the vibration is mainly felt through the clutch pedal it might be the clutch and dual mass flywheel assembly that's starting to wear. When it gets worse you'll get louder noises, knocking etc. To get confirmation about that you'd need to take it to an experienced mechanic.

You say you can also get vibration through the brake pedal which would point to brake disc / pad problems, again difficult to tell without seeing and hearing it. Do you have service history showing when or if the brakes were last checked?

Another item that can cause vibration is the exhaust system, if there's a broken bracket or even if the system is poorly hung. That would need checked on a ramp.

There's other things but difficult to guess. Any other clues or symptoms?

Thanks for the reply.

i know my question is a vague one.

i have had 20 different cars and I can just tell something is not right with the feel of the clutch.

to be honest iv never had this feeling of vibration or grinding through a clutch pedal. After more driving today it is mainly the clutch pedal, although strange the Mrs could feel something under her feet in the passenger footwell.

in certain it's not exhaust or something loose underneath.

im worried it could be the flywheel now...

is the gearbox mounted behind the engine  or to the side??

probably a silly question iv just not had time to even look over the car properly since buying and I know nothing about toyotas or their engines etc.

what are symptoms of flywheel failing??

dan