Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Computer Problem (again)!

Ryan1985

Well if you have the full version of the Windows 98 cd, you should be able to boot from the CD anyway without having to make a boot disk.

only if it set to boot from CD in the BIOS

only if it set to boot from CD in the BIOS

Cheers guys and vmail thats wot i done, it so happens that my hard drive has errors on it so it looks like 4 hard drives in as many years! :(

Cheers anyway people, knew i could count on u :D

have you run a SMART software on the harddrive, test the hard drive on the XP PC

For those who say that 98b is the best OS Microsoft ever released....thay reall are mistaken. There's no comparison to 2000 and XP whatsoever. Probably some of u ppl might find 2000 better than XP due to system drivers, but even if one considers the boot-up process, in XP it's much faster. Another thing in which 2000/XP are better than 98 is the facility of using NTFS partitions, which compared to FAT32 is much faster.

Server 2003 is still better it can handle upto 128 64bit processors

have you run a SMART software on the harddrive, test the hard drive on the XP PC

Can't do that vmail cos my other comp which XP is on is a Sony vaio and u cannot change parts with it with other computers, its not a normal everyday tower!

Its this Sony computer i've got! The 1 at the bottom!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Fellas,

If you are installing Win98 and have 100Mb on your hard disk to spare, it's better to copy the Win98 folder on the win98cd to your hard disk. Then run Setup from the folder copied on the hard disk, so that whenever windows needs the win98cd for copying files, it won't prompt for the CD-ROM but copy from the folder on the hard disk.

For those who have trouble booting up, it's best to boot up from CD than floppy since it takes lesser time. This could not be supported by old P1 systems.

Case be u need help, better try the support section on the microsoft site.

hope this was helpful

sure is.....i got 2003server at home running IIS and it's fantastic. i set up ftp on it and works gr8. IIS is much better on 2003 than it is on 2000.

Fellas,

If you are installing Win98 and have 100Mb on your hard disk to spare, it's better to copy the Win98 folder on the win98cd to your hard disk. Then run Setup from the folder copied on the hard disk, so that whenever windows needs the win98cd for copying files, it won't prompt for the CD-ROM but copy from the folder on the hard disk.

For those who have trouble booting up, it's best to boot up from CD than floppy since it takes lesser time. This could not be supported by old P1 systems.

Case be u need help, better try the support section on the microsoft site.

hope this was helpful

aye good tip there fella. also helps speed up install time ;)

-Z

sure is.....i got 2003server at home running IIS and it's fantastic. i set up ftp on it and works gr8. IIS is much better on 2003 than it is on 2000.

you using ASP?