Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Damaged Sill - How To Fix?

mickburkesnr

My 107 (which is the same as the Aygo - and also to be referred to as "Rocky" from here on in) is driven by my beautiful wife-to-be. While she's had a license for 10 years, she hasn't really driven to any great extent and when I met her she only wanted automatics. Since being with me I helped coax her back to the ways of manual car driving, and seeing as I have my Corolla as my daily driver I let her drive my pride and joy wherever she wanted.

Anyway, my Corolla is still up on axle stands as I've knackered my knee so I'm struggling to walk let alone fix the car so I'm driving my Rocky. I had the tyres changed on him recently and today I was checking how the tyres were looking, when I saw this great big dirty scrape and dent on the passenger side of the car towards the rear. In January she told me she had hit something while turning but didn't know what it was. Well, now I know!

To avoid me breaking off the wedding with her because she hurt my Rocky, I'd like to get this fixed. I'm capable of sorting out the paint (as there is some corrosion now) and the smaller dents, but it's far too big an area to fill. So I'm wondering if anyone knows a company who will pull the dent out, and how much this is likely to cost?

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

here are some options for you

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-SHIP-Super-Body-Dent-Repair-PDR-Tooling-Upgraded-Dent-Lifter-Glue-Puller-Tabs-/272235678295?hash=item3f6282ca57:g:lfcAAOSwiYFXLaNR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Dent-Repair-Kit-Bodywork-Panel-Dent-Puller-Remover-Removal-Tools-Garage-Tool-/172234257102?hash=item2819f632ce:g:gjQAAOSwtJZXV8Ff

any mobile bosy repairers will be able to fix your dent thay quiet often spot weld a row of pins to the dent and then pull the pins to remove the dent which is how the above kits work

Thanks for the links. I've seen the spot welding one on Wheeler Dealers and I think that sort of thing would be ideal for this. I'll hit Autoglass up about it and pass the invoice to the fiancee :)

maybe tell her you'll get the repair done but she will have to forfeit her hen night to recover the repair charges lol

• Like 1

Honestly I'm genuinely annoyed at it. She's on holiday but I spoke to her last night about it and she was like "well it's an old car maybe you should get rid of it" - it's 6 years old in September! As lovely as she is, ***** she winds me up with the attitude of "I didn't do it" followed by "OK OK OK we'll pay someone loads of money to fix it".

Just don't damage the car in the first place!!!

So Auto Restore called back with a quote of £350. They won't remove the dent without painting it.

I'm going to order the DIY kits and give it a try myself, if I can't do it I'll go back to them.

On 03/08/2016 at 9:21 PM, eygo said:

or give this company a ring

https://www.autoglass.co.uk/about-us/autorestore/

to get a quote take a photo of the damage and email them it and from your photo they will give you a fixed quote

On 05/08/2016 at 10:16 AM, mickburkesnr said:

So Auto Restore called back with a quote of £350. They won't remove the dent without painting it.

I'm going to order the DIY kits and give it a try myself, if I can't do it I'll go back to them.

Pictures of before and after my dent damage done by auto restore. I don't understand how you could remove the dent without a respray but I had companies telling me they won't even try to repair the dent so I fully recommend Auto Restore.

IMGA0006.JPG

13199387_10208607772368258_474678818_o.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Wiz, I wanted the dent pulled out so I could do the painting myself. That's what I was getting at.

Yours looks similar to mine, I've the quote now and I'm going to wait to see how the finances can be sorted to make it happen. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links