Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The higher front wiper position than the default

Gunnersjjang

I have another wiper issue,

When I stop the operation of front wiper, it stops a bit higher than usual position.

I booked a visit to Toyota dealer next week but curious if it's easy to control on my own.

20160804_095658.jpg

I adjusted this myself on mine. You just need to flip up the cap (it clips in place) at the base of the wiper arm to reveal the nut which holds the arm in place. The shaft is splined with castellations. The key is to loosen the nut but only just enough (don't take the nut completely off) for the spring action of the wiper arm to jump up off the splines. Trial and error will reveal how much you need to undo the nut. Once this is done, you can then re-position the arm up or down making sure you "feel" where the splines are in the process. Once you have found the right place, push the base fully onto the splines while tightening the nut again as you go (do this by hand at first until the splines are fully engaged) and then once it is all positively engaged, fully tighten the holding nut. In this way, you can adjust the arm so that it is parallel with the windscreen bottom. When trying out the wiper afterwards, you may find that it doesn't completely reach the side of the windscreen. This is normal because the action of airflow when the car is travelling at speed will see the wiper going further over (wind assisted) during normal use.

IMG_20160804_135530.jpg

IMG_20160804_135540.jpg

Edited by CPN
add photos

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your tip! I visited the dealer last week but they said it's normal. I wil try as you said.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From the water marks on the windshield, my wiper seems to have creeped since new, so now the outer tip of the blade is almost over-wiping onto the border of the windshield (I'm fairly sure it didn't use to do this). I too also find the wiper higher up the screen after use (though some of that seems to be due to drag from the blade against the screen).

If I lift the blade arm up and let it find its rest position, it sits on the border area, but not parallel (it looks high vs. your photos).

Thanks for the tip on adjustment!

• Like 1