Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Change the orginial Radio

Nils

Hi

I own a 07 Rav4, with the orginal radio in it. This does not have bluetooth, something I miss. Also, next year, Norway will shut down the FM signals, and go over to DAB+ ....... can`t understand why, but hey, what shall I do with that:-)

So, my question is: has anybody changed the orginal radio, to another 2 DIN? Seen a couple of videos, and it looks doable, just need to buy a plastic frame, and the wires for the buttons on the steering wheel to still work? 

Am I on the right road here? Or should I have a company to do this for me, over here that will set me back about 200$$ and I would like to save those money :-) 

Hi Nils, my son is just in the process of doing this and he said that he thinks one of the wiring kits you can buy to accommodate different radios will do this.He hopes to do this shortly so if it works I will pass it on

Del 

Have replied to Nils via DM & gave links to parts I used. Here's a photo of my Sony DAB MP3 USB CD etc unit with single DIN conversion, new centre panel & bits tray. I found Car Audio Direct very helpful. Parts can be had off eBay too. Only problem I had was with DAB film aerial - died after a few months so have upgraded to the tougher Connet2 DAB aerial. 

20160724_142548.jpg

Thanks guys. Will do the job later this autumn. Thanks for the links.

• 9 months later...

Hi Guys.  I am interested in this upgrade to a single head DAB unit.  After your upgrades are you still able to use the steering wheel controls?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes - if you buy the various adapters and (in my case) manage to by-pass the bluetooth control box with another set of adapters. Search carefully & plan the work. You need to remove some of the dash lower covers & chase up the correct wiring.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links