Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Selling for Parts

Mookie78

Hey all,

I'm having to get rid of my Celica :( I've lost 6th gear and cant afford to get it looked at (£700 for just taking the transmission out to look) but obvs the transmission is on it's way out as everythings stiff and she doesn't sound good, and I've had endless trouble with the car.  Plus I scraped her up against a wall the other day so it was really the final call! 

However I'd like to recycle rather than send her to scrap, but I'm not sure where to start...

She has pretty much a new exhaust and cat (approx 3-4 months old), radiator (2 months), shocks (1 year), the rear brakes and calipers are pretty much new (6 months), front brakes are about a year and a half old, so there's lots that could be reused for someone who wanted the parts.  Question is, is it likely that I'd be able to sell her for parts and if so how much should I put her up for?? 

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Leah 

Hi, Leah.

Sorry to hear you've had so many problems with the car.

I'd advise you to repeat your post above on celica-club.co.uk

There is a member on that forum from Torquay, as well as a Celica breaker in Birmingham, who may help you sell some parts.

Hi Scarlett,

Ah fab, thanks very much for your advice - I'll repost on there instead! 

Sad days but sometimes you have to admit defeat and move things along, hopefully some bits can be saved!

Thanks again,  Leah  :)

Hmm.. weirdly I've just tried to go onto that page and my antivirus has had to block malware - anyone else have any problems on this? 

Yes, just ignore the warning..the site is perfectly safe :smile:

• 1 month later...

I need a new cat mate, some rear brake backing plates one for each side. And maybe (not sure injectors) for my Celica 140bhp do you still have these available mate?

Hi Danny,

Really sorry I ended up selling the car - I hope you find the parts that you need :)

Thank you for the quick reply, appreciate it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links