Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TNS510 GPS antenna location

G6TPI

Hi All,

I have recently added a TNS510 sat nav unit to my IQ which is a 2010 model. My car had the original cd radio and I have managed to get all the parts after much work to do the upgrade.

My problem is that the unit I have is struggling to get a good gps signal and although I have tried to put the antenna for the gps in several places it remains the same.

Does anyone know the location where the factory fitted units put the gps antenna ?

Thanks

Chris

Thanks for the reply Lee, I've tried the antenna in the place on the diagram and it receives a signal and shows my location after a few mins, but if I drive around it doesn't update my location until I stop for quite a few seconds.

I have tried another gps antenna and then changed the entire unit and that had the same result which made me wonder if I had the antenna in the right place.

I wonder if I take it for a long drive tomorrow if it will get quicker at updating my location after it has been in use for a while ?.

Anyway thanks very much for the reply and link.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

An update to my question :-

After driving the car around for about 20 miles the TNS510 started to work as you would expect, it wasn't a sudden change but as it was used in motion it

started to track my current location with greater accuracy and after about 20 miles it worked in the same way of tracking my moving location on the map as you would expect from any sat nav.

Chris

• 5 months later...

Hi Chris,

Sorry I'm a bit behind on this, but can I ask where you got the items from to change from the original single CD unit to the TNS style?

I have a 2010 IQ1 and was thinking of this upgrade to maybe the Apple CarPlay system or something similar.

Did you have many problems or was it quite straightforward?

Thanks for any help

Matt

• 5 years later...

I’m probably late on this but doing the same thing with the same result. Have bought a genuine GPS antenna but it’s painfully slow with position updates. I have it mounted on a plate that can with the antenna on top of the TNS510 under the TV frame. I would love to know where you mounted yours to get it working. Thank you!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links