Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV 4 Snorkel and Bull Bar

Sheffij

Hi Everyone,

I have a 1996 RAV 4 and I'm looking to customise it, could anyoe guide me in the right direction for the below spares? Thank You

* Snorkal kit,

* Custom Bull Bar

* LIft kit

Does anyone know the max size wheels I can use without making any alterations ??

I would appreciate any help support for any UK dealers, parts providers etc..

Jay

As regards bull bars -

Since 25 May 2007 bull bars fitted must be EU compliant. Most manufacturers have changed their terminology and call them frontal protection bars, A bars or front bars. The EU compliance ensures that the bull bars have some give for pedestrians and that their sole purpose is to help avoid minor panel damage because the driver will feel the obstruction before the obstruction reaches parts of the vehicle that can break, like the radiator or lights.

Modern bull bars must have a minimum protection level for pedestrians and have been specifically created for the type of vehicle it’s being fitted to so that it doesn’t prevent the air bags from deploying in a crash. 

Check with your insurance company as to whether they will accept or charge an additional premium for the fitting of a frontal protection bar, as it will affect how the vehicle performs in a crash or accident (ie if you hit a pedestrian).

4 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As regards bull bars -

Since 25 May 2007 bull bars fitted must be EU compliant. Most manufacturers have changed their terminology and call them frontal protection bars, A bars or front bars. The EU compliance ensures that the bull bars have some give for pedestrians and that their sole purpose is to help avoid minor panel damage because the driver will feel the obstruction before the obstruction reaches parts of the vehicle that can break, like the radiator or lights.

Modern bull bars must have a minimum protection level for pedestrians and have been specifically created for the type of vehicle it’s being fitted to so that it doesn’t prevent the air bags from deploying in a crash. 

Check with your insurance company as to whether they will accept or charge an additional premium for the fitting of a frontal protection bar, as it will affect how the vehicle performs in a crash or accident (ie if you hit a pedestrian).

I was just wondering if this would prohibit the fitting of the "old" bars if you own a pre '07 if you wanted to today, Mike

Think if a pre-2007 vehicle had bull bars fitted before 2007 these would not have to meet the legislation. 

However, if one is looking to fit a bull bar or frontal protection bar to a vehicle after 2007, regardless of the age of the vehicle, the bar would have to meet current legislation.

It would still be advisable to check with one's insurer to determine their stance as regards fitting the bar.

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links