Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 SR Aux Input

jono987

Hey everyone, i am wanting to fit something to give my car an AUX input. It is a 2006 Corolla SR 1.6.

I have seen some leads on eBay which claim to fit into the back of the radio to give an aux input. Has anyone fitted one to the above car and could point me to the correct one?

Thanks in advance!

I have a AUX connector that plugs into the back of my head unit on my 02 Corolla, it's made by Connect2.

Given your car is a 2006, it will have a 6+6 pin on the rear (for a CD changer, originally). These devices connect to that and are accessed by pressing the CD button twice. Steering control will still be present etc, though its worth noting a lot of these will not display Song/Artist info.

There are three options: bluetooth, USB and Aux-In; USB and Aux-In and the Connects2 option Sana mentioned - which is just Aux in.

Here are the models in question:

Bluetooth, USB & Aux-In

USB & Aux-In

Connects2

• Like 1

Thank you both! I ordered one from Amazon which was made by connects2 for £30, hopefully will be here today!

Make sure it has the product code CTVTYX002. If you ordered the CTVTYX001, you might be in trouble as it uses a 5+7 pin (so wont fit the 2006 -2009 stereo).

• Like 1

Hey guys, it was the 002.

Just finished installing it, there were two little black bulb kind of ends hanging loose, i just plugged them together, not sure what they are for?

It works fine but there is a crackling in the background of the music i am playing. Not sure if faulty box / my Speakers are naffed or if the crackling is to be expected?

I can probably live with it but its a bit annoying.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Also on the rear of the radio, there was only one end which plugged in. You say 6 + 6, there were two ends coming from the AUX box but only one fit into the back of the radio, the other was too small? 

Some pics would be useful, not sure which cables you are referring to and what they are terminated with etc.