Do Not Sell My Personal Information

X-touch Samsung Galaxy S6

StCabbage

I have bought an Aygo with the x-touch and it is due to be delivered to me on Thursday morning. I'm looking forward to using the x-touch for my music, maps and text-to-speech on my text messages but I'm a bit confused by how it works.

I've read that I have to download a Drive Link app but this doesn't appear to exist anymore. There seem to be different apps you can use to make the mirror link work.

What apps have you downloaded and what are the good/bad points of them?

Sounds very much like you have been misled by the sales people.  There is a very small list of phones that will work with mirror link and yours like mine isn't on that list.  Basically if your phone is a 2012 model running original software it might work. Eg the sgs note2 is supposed to work but my wife's sgs2 doesn't in practice because it's using updated software. 

OK positives.  The bluetooth is great and will work well with your phone for music and texts emails calls etc.  Forget navigation and screen mirroring.  Doesn't work. Nor does the text to speech etc

Sorry to bring you the bad news. Try googling Aygo mirror link issues and you'll see.

Ps I bought a second hand garmin to keep in the car.  Despite the excellent Google maps on my SGS Note4. 

Well, that's a bit gutting to hear I've been lied to then on one of the better aspects of the car.

Thank you for confirming this. Does this mean then that websites such as this one are also wrong?

They are both right & both wrong. :tongue:

afaik the X-touch will work with Mirrorlink 1.0 phones. However, Toyota will not support Mirrorlink 1.1 (which most recent phones run) as it allows access to things that they do not want you to have access to.

This is what Peugeot have to say " Compatibility is based on the phone providers' original operating system and therefore may change if the phone provider offers an update which renders the phone incompatible with MirrorLink "

Basically the car manufacturers can not keep up with the pace of advance from the mobile manufacturers.

P.S. Th Citroen C1 & Peugeot 108 share the same entertainment system & a quick look at their forums suggest that they have been updated for Mirrorlink 1.1. However, there are few ML certificated apps. Your starter http://www.peugeot108forum.co.uk/forum/26-electronics-audio-lighting/1481-help-how-use-mirror-link-technology-31.html#post28682

P.P.S. Mirrorlink is withering on the vine anyway, overtaken by Android Auto & Apple Carplay

3 hours ago, StCabbage said:

Well, that's a bit gutting to hear I've been lied to then on one of the better aspects of the car.

Thank you for confirming this. Does this mean then that websites such as this one are also wrong?

The Aygo is still Mirrorlink compatible - just not version 1.1.

The third party site referred to hasn't even got the correct Aygo - showing the first generation (which never had Mirrorlink) rather than the second - and again doesn't mention which version of Mirrorlink the car has.

We find the bluetooth works well with our Samsung Ativ S - we can also send and reply to text messages by voice using Cortana, so don't have to mess about with a keyboard.

It's so confusing as to what will and what won't work. And if mirrorlink or Android auto?

I think the best way is to get into the car and see if anything works or not.

It's a shame if I can't get google maps going as mirrorlink was the only reason I chose not to pay the extra for the x-nav.

Exactly we too would gave bought the stupidly overpriced navigation module had we known.  The mis selling just causes Ill feeling and a loss of sales.  Toyota ought to be better than this.

Mirror link 1.1 is already built into your S6 (as well as my Note4) so you don't need to download anything. 

Anyway the positives are that what it does do, it does well but personally I'd forget about mirror link.

I might have a word with them then and see if they can retrofit the X-nav for no additional cost due to the miss-selling.

4 minutes ago, StCabbage said:

I might have a word with them then and see if they can retrofit the X-nav for no additional cost due to the miss-selling.

Just don't see it is a case of miss-selling. Yes the X-Touch has Mirror Link capability (albeit version 1.0), but it is down to the customer to check their mobile is compatible and what functions can be provided via a particular model phone. 

I consider it miss-selling as the salesman asked me what phone I had and then told me that mirrorlink would work just by plugging it in through the USB slot.

you are in a very strong position as you haven't taken delivery yet (so also hopefully haven't yet paid in full). You can check what works or not before you take delivery & pay. If it doesn't work & you made it a condition of the sale ...

Tbh I would go with Ethanedwards solution & go with a Garmin or Tomtom rather than the Toyota satnav upgrade (unless they do it for a stupidly low price). The hardware will be more current & the map upgrades will be cheaper or even free.

• Like 1

From a procurement viewpoint (and I come from a procurement management background), unless the requirement for having the X-touch system to be compatible with your specific phone was included on the written order for the Aygo, legally it won't be a condition of sale.

Having been told verbally that it will work, this becomes a part of the legally binding contract. Verbal contracts are as strong as written in the UK.

I have read that apparently the Aygo has had mirrorlink 1.1 since the tail end of last year. If this is the case, does it mean there is potential for it to work, or is that just optimistic?

Source: Comments here from someone who seems to suggest they work for Toyota (although I can't confirm if this is true or not).

So Peugeot don't list the S6.

I spoke withToyota today and they confirmed it does work with the S6 as they just tried it on a car in their showroom.

However, as per everyone else's comments, it doesn't work on mine.

2 hours ago, StCabbage said:

So Peugeot don't list the S6.

I spoke withToyota today and they confirmed it does work with the S6 as they just tried it on a car in their showroom.

However, as per everyone else's comments, it doesn't work on mine.

Newer Aygo with X-touch do have a version of Mirrorlink 1.1( earlier models can be updated as well )  and do work on phones with Mirrorlink installed. The mirrorlink only works via:

USB cable on Android Phones

Special Accessory cable for Iphones

I have not used an iPhone so can't give specifics but i have had both my Samsung GS6 & GS7 working on new Aygo one thing you must ensure is that Mirrorlink is activated on the phone, to do this:

Connect to the car with a USB cable

Go to "settings" on your phone

Select "more connection settings"

Select "mirrorlink"

Then slide "Connect to vehicle via USB" on

Now on the car if the previous has worked the Smartlink icon should appear on the X-touch once you select this your phone screen should switch to a fixed display and no longer accept screen inputs. Bare in mind only apps compatible with mirrorlink will work I believe Samsung install Car Mode on their phones this plus any other compatible apps will be shown at the bottom of the Mirrorlink screen on your phone under the heading " mirrorlink applications"  ( same pace where mirrorlink was toggled on ) 

I will try and take some step by step pictures in work tomorrow  

Hi Devon. Sorry for my delay, I've been away for a few days. I can't seem to open that file on my phone or laptop. Neither recognise the wps format?

Thank you Devon. That worked perfectly. :)

I have had it working but it doesn't seem to do half of what it was advertised as doing. I was hoping for a free sat nav app (google maps) but it only allows you to use an extremely expensive one.

The Apps that work with Rockscout that I've found so far seem to work fairly well though. Maybe not as well as they could do but I'm sure any upgrade will only help as it's in its infancy.

56 minutes ago, StCabbage said:

I have had it working but it doesn't seem to do half of what it was advertised as doing. I was hoping for a free sat nav app (google maps) but it only allows you to use an extremely expensive one.

afaik Google maps don't have a Mirrorlink certified app - they of course want people to use Android Auto.

Ah. That'd explain why then. And the Android Auto app isn't compatible with the Toyota Aygo. Let's hope this changes soon as the Android Auto looks like it could be quite good.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have a Toyota Aygo from 2015.

Can I update the firmware using the tutorial above?

Thanks!

16 hours ago, BrunoN said:

Hi

I have a Toyota Aygo from 2015.

Can I update the firmware using the tutorial above?

Thanks!

Yes