Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Tint

eternity575

The law changed in january this year which now means you cannot tint

any of your front windows in any way and if you are stopped with them

tinted you will be told to have them removed and prove it has been done.

obviously there are companies that will still do them for you but its a waste of money.

my mate got pulled and booked for window tints and they said he had to take car to MOT station for testing and take slip to prove to police he was now legal

at the test station they told him to take the limo black out the back too !!!

he now has light smoke all round apart from front window and hasn't been pulled

errmmm tinting windows makes the car hotter.... it sure doesn't keep the sun out.

Would only keep the car cooler if they were mirrored.

Again i come to same questions

How would a silver yaris look with silver tints!

And is it legal??

and how much??

Cheers

Matt

The Law is

NO Tinting on Front Windscreen.

NO Tinting on Front Windows.

35% Light in (Limo is 5%) on Back 3 Windows.

The law has recently changed. And this IS what it is. I have looked into it alot over the past month or so.

This is the UK Tinting Laws btw.

Also while I remember, I only think smoked types are allowed. Mirror tints (if for some weird reason you wanted em) are ILLEGAL, but are okay on Vans.

I think those mirror tints and fader tints were illegal long before these recent law changes? :bookworm:

I'd like a light smoke all round but don't want to throw money down the drain. <_<

I think they will have to make a change to the law due to the sheer number of cars on the road with tints.

Loads of new cars have them as well when you look around, are they really going to start hastling ordinary non-modders - Dr Smith in his new Golf GTi or Cllr Jones in her X5, I doubt it... :bye:

Just looking out of the window now, I can see my neighbour's old white Merc with completely black windows all round! Can't see into car at all. Don't know if he's ever been pulled for it though!

I don't like different tint strength on the rear windows. Saw a mini cooper (BMW) yesterday. Black car, black tint. Made it look like a van IMHO.

errmmm tinting windows makes the car hotter.... it sure doesn't keep the sun out.

Would only keep the car cooler if they were mirrored.

Yes you are right. Overall they heat up the car more than clear glass, but when running aircon you can still get hot when there is direct sunlight shining on your body - that is what tints are supposed to help with.

So, they are even more pointless on cars without aircon! The only other advantage is theives not being able to see in, but if you don't leave a coat, laptop, or money lying on the seat then what does it matter?

don't have any rear view mirrors anyway...

ALL road legal vehicles must have a rear view mirror by law....

even if they have a metal back to the cab they have to have a rear view mirror....