Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel arch lining

MOBY63

Hi all

I'm new to this site and wander if anyone has had an issue with the wheel arch lining falling off. I have a 63 plate Yaris Trend and two days ago whilst attempting to park up, a loud clunk was heard.When I got out of car to see what had happened the lining was hanging off and had punctured my brand tyre. Is this normal? For the lining to come away like that?

I'd be grateful for any thoughts from everyone or if anyone has had a similar problem.

Thanks in advance.

No it isn't normal. Must have been damaged either by something hitting it or something getting stuck in the wheelarch.

Thanks for replying Frostyballs.

I've had the AA roadside assist take a look. He put my space saver and on and his report says the only damage is that which has been caused by the wheel arch lining. I've dropped it off at my nearest Toyota garage and they will see if it's covered by the warranty. I have never in 25 years of driving have had a lining fall off on an old car never mind on one that's only  two and half years old. But the AA guy thought the garage would probably try and put the blame on me.

Hi again

I'm new to all this so please bear with me and advise if you can. The garage have been in touch and advised that the lining falling off and damage is caused is my fault. There is a very slight scuff to the paint work right under the bumper and apparently this  'impact' was enough to make the lining fall off. 

There is no damage whatsoever to the bumper, no misalignment, no dent, dimple or anything. I will try and post pictures tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links