Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another from NZ

Chultz

A couple of months ago I purchased a 2000 Toyota Camry TSport. A few of you have already seen this car and even been for a ride. But I thought i would let everyone else know about it Smile. This specific camry isnt just your standard run of the mill camry. Yes, it is v6, Yes it is manual, Yes it is supercharged. Yes you did read that right.

This is a factory TRD Supercharged Camry. From what research i have done, it is 1 of 10, yes 10 Camry's like this in NZ. And 1 of around 3000 or 4000 world wide. If you look at the facts online, most of them state that its 180kw. But NZ is special and managed to get the only 206KW Camry's. A whole 26kw more which is always good!!!!!

But what im really happy about this car is that its going to be my drag car. I was at meremere today for the final of this years Winter Wars. I wasnt expecting too much from it being unpreped track and all, but I was still amazed at how well it performed. I managed to get in 5 runs before participating in the DYO races. 

The races went pretty good and learning how to launch this car was good fun. The times i got reflected this. First up I got a 15.2xx which is thought was good. I knew it was already faster than my XR6 and being an unpreped track i thought that pretty good. Next up i got a 15.39x as i got a really bad launch. This was then followed by not 1 but 2 15.1xx times and finally a 15.09x time. 

Once that final run of 15.09x was done, time to park up with the set the track up for actual racing and not practices. Once it got under way, i dialed in a 14.9 going off my previous 5 runs, I thought i was pretty safe. Boy was I wrong!!!!!!!!

First race for me went pretty damn good!!! My launch was okish with some tramping but the shifts i got were bang on near perfect!!!! Little did i know at the time i had broken out of my race (gone faster than my dial in time) and managed to get a 14.6xx time!!!!! Yes you read that right!!! This is about .8xx seconds faster than my XR6 which i love and hate together....

I will be bringing this car back to meremere to the Night Speed Drag Wars later this year and see how well it wil do with my Nexen N9000 drag tyres with a prepped track. Might even have a 13 in it if im lucky!!!!

Stay posted for further updates as this will be a flying machine soon!!!!

my 3 cars.jpg

Hello Charles - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links