Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen washer not working

HitenV

Hello all.

I have a 2002 Corolla 1.6 VVTI Auto Hatchback.  Noticed today no water coming out when activating the front windscreen washer.

I have:

• disconnected the water pipe which goes into the front water jets - tried activating the washer.  Windscreen wipers come on but no water out of the pipe.
  • blowed air into the pipe and can see this come through (bubbles) in the reservoir.
  • can't hear a pump running when activating the windscreen washer
  • Rear window windscreen washer works fine (is there a separate pump that runs this?)
  • Not sure if it's a fuse issue, but I've read on various forums that the same fuse controls the wipers - if they are working (which they are), unlikely it's the fuse.

I'm assuming the windscreen washer pump has gone but would be grateful if anyone can share their thoughts or if there is anything else I should try.

Thanks

Hiten

Do you have any 'Y' connectors in the piping (eg. where the piping splits into two to go towards each jet) as these are sometimes one way valves and may be blocked. 

Suggest also visually checking the fine filter in the washer bottle as air can go through where water will not

Del

@FROSTYBALLS - thanks for the response.  The only Y connector I can see is the one that then splits into the two front jets.  i've taken out the tube that goes into the Y connector (straight into the water reservoir) and tried running the washers - still no water coming out.

@crofter - thanks for the response.  Will check this.  Do you know if there are two tubes that connect into the washer pump (one to feed the front jets, the other to feed the rear jet)

Regards,

Hiten

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links