Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso 2.0D 2009 TR Interior lights

Blade3

Hello all, wonder if anybody can help ? Recently brought a Verso 2.0 D TR 2009 and just noticed that when i use the key fob button  to unlock the door and also when actually opening the doors the internal lights don't come on, i have tried to alter the internal light switch in the car but this no affect,this is on the setting for the opening of doors. But if i manually press the interior lights they all work.Looked in the manual and doen't make much sense.Should they come on when i unlock the doors ?

Thanks in advance.

This is a known issue on the early Verso and requires a new switch fitting into the interior light unit, there are multiple choices of switch depending on the part number of the original light unit, if you can PM me your chassis number I can give you the repair part number.

Did you buy this from a dealer or privately? If it was a dealer i suggest you give them the repair part number and let them fix it otherwise its a fairly simple fix to do yourself.

• 2 months later...

Ha Ha,

Created a DIY fix for this. If you remove the light console from the headliner then remove  the switch from the console you'll see a miniature brass ring seated on a plastic pivot hub ;this helps the ring roll across the on/off/ neutral contacts. The plastic pivot overtime deforms with the heat of the current passing through the brass ring leading to contact failure. I decided to  wedge a glass bead in the middle of the ring to help with the heat . I bought a mixed bag of beads from hobbycraft or Tiger for £3.00. You probably wont find an exact fit and I did have to wack the bead into place. Anyway at this point you will also have to pull the contacts closer to the brass ring before you reseat it; this can be a bit of trial and error as you may find the lights permanently on when the console is put back. Getting the switch to  click through its motions  means you  probably have it set up right.

WARNING: before I figured out my fix I removed the switch multiple times adjusting contacts only to find the plastic hub would deform more and more. The switch pivot tab on one side got damaged  during removal which meant I cannot turn the switch to constant light mode, which is no biggie as you can directly push the light fixture on.

Good luck!

• 3 years later...

Hi Devonaygo. Would you be able to help also with the part number. I have the same problem with none of the interior lights working when the doors are opened/car unlocked, fuses are good. I'm presuming a new switch is required as mentioned in this thread? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links